Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen several posts complaining about squeaks and rattles from interior trim and other things, and was wondering - for people who've had these kinds of issues, were they there from day one or did they start after the car had racked up some miles?

Thanks.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've had my 3 for about 6 weeks and I'm starting to notice rattles.

One came and went in the dash. Now I've got a new one in the dash.

I live in the country and many of the roads are rough. Rough roads coupled with 17" low profile tires contribute to rattles. I notice the rattles tend to go away when the temperature rises during the day, which is probably due to expansion of the parts when warm and contraction when cold.

D.

·
Registered
25,357 Posts
Only rattles I have are self induced. 26 months of ownership, more miles then most everyone else on the forums, and the only things that rattle are my amp rack when I'm really throwing it into corners, and my exhaust since I have some gravel stuck underneath the heat shields.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The first week my glove box rattled and so did the seatbelt. I fixed the seatbelt myself and the glovebox ive tried everything, but nothing works.

·
Registered
186 Posts
After 5+ months, my seat got a bit sqeaky when it got cold, but that went away after a couple weeks. Aside from that, the only thing is the little button on my parking brake tends to rattle very softly. No other shakes or mysterious noises so far.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I started noticing squeaks and an occasional rattle in the 2nd year. It only happens sometimes tho, then it'll go away for a while.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well this week was the first time in month I drove the car without the stereo or fan on (usually don't have the stereo above volume 10, or the fan above 2).

I really noticed some stuff I'd been oblivious to until now. The dash creaks when I make a hard turn, the glovebox rattles when going over even the smallest bump on a straight road, and there's a horrible clunk sound from the back when I stop hard even from really low speeds. My car has 1800 miles on it. The fan sometimes clicks when I first turn it on in the morning too but this usually goes away after a few minutes.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Mine started rattling alot after two and half years. After I got my car back from the shop after hitting a deer at 65 mph

·
Registered
30 Posts
i havent had any problems, i have an 04 and 30,000 miles, only rattles wen i turn up the bass. other than that i havent had any problems.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had that problem too, but decided to get it fixed today before warranty expires (@43k now)...dealer took out the stereo and said something there was rubbing and they fixed it-well they say they did, going to pick it up in an hour! ALSO-they refused to fix my brakes that squeak when it's cold due to breaks being covered under 1yr/12k warranty...but I think that's BS if anyone has experience in battling this please PM me.

EDIT: Dealer did not fix the squeak, going to try the door noise fix next time i bring it in. Also argued w/Svc mgr to fix my brake squeak when cold & decided to check my auto-window down, which ended up stopping halfway down (another known TSB issue) so they'll fix that too.

[quote author=ziegs2020 link=topic=68542.msg1231738#msg1231738 date=1172447021]
Mine's starting to rattle, something in the center console area is creaking. So I just turn up the music :p
[/quote]

·
Registered
66 Posts
[quote author=ziegs2020 link=topic=68542.msg1231738#msg1231738 date=1172447021]
Mine's starting to rattle, something in the center console area is creaking. So I just turn up the music :p
[/quote]

Same here... the center console started 2 weeks after driving off the lot. Cold makes it worse. Haven't noticed any thing other than the center console... but music is too loud! 8)

·
Registered
199 Posts
[quote author=mazda3reo link=topic=68542.msg1185598#msg1185598 date=1170562907]
The first week my glove box rattled and so did the seatbelt. I fixed the seatbelt myself and the glovebox ive tried everything, but nothing works.
[/quote]

HOW did you fix the seatbelt noise???????????

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have had my car for about two months now and it has 4k miles on it, the seat belt squeaking started at about 1500 miles and I too would love to know how to get rid of it, also I have a rattle that has developed coming from the arch that covers the gauges, ex: speedo, tach, fuel. When it rattles if i press forward of down on it, the rattle stops, im a little perturbed by it and am going to mention it to the dealer when I take it in for its first service and see if they can't do anything about it first. I think it is a little ridiculous that a brand new car is developing rattles so soon. Other than that I am more than happy with the car, I just hate rattles.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My right rear suspension or body started squeaking on the way home from the dealership the day I bought it. Seems to be getting worse. I've only had the car two days.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts