Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Ford Focus, comes with an option of the audiophile system, with a subwoofer. Also, mp3 and cd player comes standard on the Focus.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that's a good answer.

·
Registered
191 Posts
yea isnt that model called "Detroit Techno" or something? i think i remember seeing a commercial

·
Registered
202 Posts
I've been quoted twice in one post, YAY!!!!! I'm white by the way, but "mad fugly" is all that comes to mind when i think of the focus whether it be the new '05 or the current body style. Whether using the word "mad" in the said connotation has any racial relation at all is undetermined. I'm doing my best to be PC, DAMNIT. :wink:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not a fan of the Focus either, but yah, the sound system is the only thing saying something for that car.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Anarkraft said:
I've been quoted twice in one post, YAY!!!!! I'm white by the way, but "mad fugly" is all that comes to mind when i think of the focus whether it be the new '05 or the current body style. Whether using the word "mad" in the said connotation has any racial relation at all is undetermined. I'm doing my best to be PC, DAMNIT. :wink:
Racial connotation to saying mad fugly? Naw. Being PC is gay anyway. haha

·
Registered
744 Posts
Check out the optional upgraded audio system for the Nissan Sentra SE-R Vspec. Nine speakers including an 8 inch subwoofer all made by Rockford Fosgate. Granted the SE-R Vspec only has a single CD, but it has a line input for a portable MP3 player too. Damn, I wish that was the 3s audio system. :(

·
Registered
315 Posts
mnemonicj said:
Check out the optional upgraded audio system for the Nissan Sentra SE-R Vspec. Nine speakers including an 8 inch subwoofer all made by Rockford Fosgate. Granted the SE-R Vspec only has a single CD, but it has a line input for a portable MP3 player too. Damn, I wish that was the 3s audio system. :(
Although you do get the 8" sub, you're paying a LOT more than what a good system would cost. 8" speakers are hard to consider subs anyway. Personally, I would use my money somewhere else other than RF... I'm not a fan of what Best Buy carries :)

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Rockford sucks, imo. A step above Sony Xplod.

But to keep on the subject, who cares what system comes in what car? So what if a Kia comes with a Bose system, and if the 3 came with a rotary knob stereo?

I keep seeing these threads about, "this car has this, stock" or "Bose this" "Harmon Kardon that". Ive stated it before and Ill state it again: If you base your purchase solely off the stereo, you have bigger problems.

Oh, for the record, no DIO or stock stereo will EVER compare to an aftermarket setup. Also, the Focus with the Sony Package sounds like crap.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
csweeney said:
I thought Rockford Fosgate was supposed to be one of the better brands :?
Jt's not all tha great to be honest. There are so many better brands. Lol, I would have to agree with everyone, I don't think anyone likes Best Buy/Circuit City stuff.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Anarkraft said:
but the focus is mad fugly
:shock:
Ouch....

Here's a pic of what's in our driveway (and part of our Hawaiian Ti plant).

I have a sonic blue SVT with the Audiophile, moonroof, HID's, clear corners, euro grill, powdercoated wheels and enameled calipers. Boost is coming soon, but that's another forum. :banana:

My wife and I actually don't like the focus sedan much, which is why we now have our 3. It came down to another focus, a VW Jetta, or the Mazda 3.

Oh yes, the Audiophile package is pretty darn good, especially if it's free like mine was. I'll eventually replace the speakers with some 6.5" components, but what's in there is really good for a stock audio system (4" woofer and a 1" tweeter components in the front and back, with an 8" sub in the hatch).

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Alf said:
Anarkraft said:
but the focus is mad fugly
:shock:
Ouch....

Here's a pic of what's in our driveway (and part of our Hawaiian Ti plant).

I have a sonic blue SVT with the Audiophile, moonroof, HID's, clear corners, euro grill, powdercoated wheels and enameled calipers. Boost is coming soon, but that's another forum. :banana:

My wife and I actually don't like the focus sedan much, which is why we now have our 3. It came down to another focus, a VW Jetta, or the Mazda 3.

Oh yes, the Audiophile package is pretty darn good, especially if it's free like mine was. I'll eventually replace the speakers with some 6.5" components, but what's in there is really good for a stock audio system (4" woofer and a 1" tweeter components in the front and back, with an 8" sub in the hatch).
Does your 3s have HID's like your focus?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts