Mazda3 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 6" strip on my front window and im not liking it anymore...

How hard is the tint to remove? Its 3m 5% tint btw.

What do I need to remove it?

Thanks so much in advance!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I imagine it couldn't be that hard; I'd just take a razor blade and have at it. Reason I know is because a friend of mine was pulled over for illegal tints and the cop made him peel 'em off on the side of the freeway. :shock: But I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will chime in.

·
Registered
9,004 Posts
yeah, I'm pretty sure you can just peel it off. a buddy of mine has been pulled like 5 times for his limo tint. he had to just pull it off.

of cousre he just turned around and had it retinted lol EVERYTIME. lol

·
Registered
91 Posts
use ammonia and a razorblade, i took a black garbage bag and cut it to the shape of the window, sponged on some ammonia and used the black bag to to cover it. this will keep the ammonia from evaporating. then mine just peeled off. use the razor to clean up the little bits of residue left behind

·
Registered
176 Posts
Ammonia would work, but your car would probably have a pretty pungent odor for several days. Personally, I'd try to just heat it up with a heat gun or hair dryer first. Try to peel it off at that mid point between its current state and its melting point. I had to remove a reflector overlay that I bought from southernsurfer. It wouldn't peel off immediately so I just grabbed the hair dryer and within a minute it was peeling off like saran wrap would.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok, just took the strip off. Pretty easy. I had amonia on stand by but didnt use it. Just took a razor blade to it. Used Spray Away glass cleaner and the razor to remove the glue.

Im happy :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.