Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone for those who don't got HID I mean I will get them, but how much are the halogen projectors that come with the car? I'm sure they are ok, because they are projector.

·
Banned
868 Posts
They are excellent for a stock car.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I think they are wonderful!

And after driving behind my friends, they argee! They say that the levels are perfect and that the light doesn't blind them at all, they just see little circles.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That sounds really cool guys really really neat.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ahh, that's good, projectors are a good method of lighting the road.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
When I took my test drive on Wednesday night, I had to ask if the model I was driving had the xenon or the halogen headlights ( it had the halogen). They are very bright and clean. I know now it probably won't be worth the extra $700 to get the xenon/TPMS package.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know they are clean and powerful, but I mean Xenons look cool, and also the tire pressure system is nice.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Yeah, but if the TPMS senses a problem, it dings every couple of seconds (read the book).

That would drive me nuts!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol dang, I don't have the car yet, but I see what u mean. If only it were like the TPMS on the expensive cars where it tells u the pressure on ur gps screen.

·
Registered
168 Posts
DJ Spencer said:
Yeah, but if the TPMS senses a problem, it dings every couple of seconds (read the book).

You can actually disable the TPMS so that it doesn't ding.

Spencer

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
that sounds cool, how does one go about doing that my friend?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Really? How? I didn't see it in the manual....

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey can the normal projectors be set at different heights like the HID projectors on the mazda3, which has 4 settings I think?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
They can be aimed, but not like the HID, just like a standard aiming screw would do.

The HID aim is actually just based on the load in the car anyway, nifty, but nothing special.

·
Registered
744 Posts
DJ Spencer said:

My TPMS went off when my tires all had 25 lbs of pressure and it only "dinged" a couple of times when it realized that the tires were low. After you turn off the engine the TPMS resets and watches the tires again. If the tires are still low after a short drive, it will ding again a couple times, that is it. The only thing that dings repeatedly during the same drive is the driver's seat belt warning, something like every 30 seconds for the first 5 minutes.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Yeah, seat belt warning sucks - especially if I'm just in a parking lot moving my car....

·
Registered
46 Posts
i changed out to piaa extreme whites...the projectors are great
the seat belt chime sucks...it will go off even if the car is in park...hmm

·
Registered
191 Posts
can you blame them? seatbelts = saftey. saftey = customers. Mazda is just trying to look out for its drivers!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts