Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hmm im new to the 3..is the trim i called gx? im not sure :?
anyways, the standard one. how does that handle the road?
i have heard alot about the gt because most of u seem like u guys have a gt..not a gx
and also, how does it do on 0-60 and 1/4? i noe its gonna be pretty slow but i just wanna see
i saw that gt goes 7.5 and almost flat 16 sec for 1/4

ok thx in advance.

·
Registered
984 Posts
It depends on where you're from. So if you could put your location in your profile, we'd be able to answer better. :)

The "s" and "i" trims are for the US.

The "GX" and "GT" are trims for Canada. I believe the i and gx are the same.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Yeah from what I understand from the model lines the I and GX are the same and S/GT are the same, just looking in my brochure here.

At any rate can't give exact numbers but really the GX/I should be a lot like the outgoing Protege/Protege5 for quarter mile times except a bit faster. So yeah it's not going to tear it up like the GT/S but it will be a very brisk little car, certainly able to beat up on a honda or two. One thing it's going to do better than the Protege is be a lot quieter, stiffer and handle a bunch better. The GX/I with 148HP isn't all that much smaller than the GT/S from a HP standpoint so really it's up to whatever you can afford, I'm sure you'll enjoy either car, though I'd suggest you definitely drive both to make sure you know what you may or may not be missing. ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Will let you know after I have broken it in and the weather is not-32C.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts