Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I upgraded to HIDs awhile back and ever since i got dropped on my coilovers my headlights have been entirely too low. the highbeams and lowbeams barely light up the road anymore due to being so low. there still bright as crap its just pointing like 10 ft infront of my car so its REAL hard to see at night lol. any ideas on how to fix that?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Just like this! :lol:

HEADLIGHT AIMING

Adjust the tire pressure to the specification.
Position the unloaded vehicle on a flat, level surface.
Seat one person in the driver's seat.
Position the vehicle straight ahead and perpendicular to the white screen.

Set the headlights 3 m {9.8 ft} from the white screen.
Place an object in front of the headlight not being adjusted to block its light beam.
Start the engine so that the battery remains charged.
Turn on the low-beam headlight.
Set the headlight leveling switch to the 0 position. (Vehicles with discharge headlights)

Adjust the headlight by loosening the adjusting screws as shown in the figure. NOTE: If the adjusting screws are tightened first, then loosened, they will continue to loosen when the vehicle is in motion and may cause the headlights to become misaligned. Always turn the screws in the tightening direction.

Turn the adjusting screws to adjust the headlight so that the elbow point is in the shaded area shown in the figure.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
holy diagram batman lol. uhm yea wheres the headlight leveling switch at? in the headlight?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
The leveling switch is part of the OEM HID system. If you have aftermarket HIDs there will be no headlight leveling switch. Other than that the instructions should be the same.

·
Registered
268 Posts
[quote author=balding geezer link=topic=139721.msg3012242#msg3012242 date=1237841829]
The leveling switch is part of the OEM HID system. If you have aftermarket HIDs there will be no headlight leveling switch. Other than that the instructions should be the same.
[/quote]

I do believe though, if you want to "retrofit" the OEM levelers, that it is possible to do it. I don't know if anyone has pulled it off, but I'm sure it can be done, one way or another.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea i had oem halogens and used an aftermarket HID setup i forget who i bought it from tho - either xenonexpert.com or thexenonstore.com

my angel eyes stopper working my fogs havnt worked in a year and a half. i have the warranty but dunno how i would go about letting them know to fix the solution. but anyway back on topic if i had oem halogens im boned on aiming the headlights?

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what do i need just a philips head screwdriver? what size. regular, giant bastard or glasses size lol

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
I believe the leveling switch is being mistaken, its in the car next to the steering wheel. That should be set to 0 before adjusting

·
Registered
268 Posts
[quote author=BoostIt link=topic=139721.msg3012726#msg3012726 date=1237853714]
I believe the leveling switch is being mistaken, its in the car next to the steering wheel. That should be set to 0 before adjusting
[/quote]

He doesn't have the OEM HID's. He bought aftermarket HID's. A regular size phillips head screwdriver will work, or like previously mentioned, a 10mm socket works wonders as well.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
im gonna have to do this soon. Im trying to avoid any confrontation with a cop and I feel my HIDs are too high getting to the incoming driver's eyes. I have aftermarket HIDs and this should help correct?

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i bough tthem sometime in 07 lol it was my 1st mid tour leave from Iraq. i have pics of the car torn the hell apart in GA mud lol. ill check paypal to see if it goes back that far

·
Registered
268 Posts
I'm sure Oliver or Matt could help you with the HID's if they are the problem that your fogs aren't working. I'm leaning more towards a fuse problem though.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ive gone thru and went thru every single fuse under dash and under hood. nothing seems to be busted or missing. i also did the indy fog mod before they died. they were working FINE for at least a week before they died out. i followed exact steps in the forum walkthru. im at a loss here. if i ever get some money saved i might just start slowly putting car back to stock minus the exhaust and call it a day with the modding :( not one of my mods has gone thru without fail. drop fucked, lights fucked , tint fucked, sharkfin fucked , exhaust mega fucked lol, wheels fucked, brakes fucked - screw it im trading this thing in for a honda.

·
Registered
268 Posts
FWIW, I would just replace the fog fuse(s) anyway, as it never hurts to have new fuses in it anyway. It's awfully odd that neither of the fogs work correctly. I don't know if you bought the wiring harness, but that fixed my problem instantly, seeings how they wouldn't even turn on at all without it. If you don't have the harness, get it. I wouldn't give up on it until you've gone over every possible problem.

·
Registered
159 Posts
you dont need to take the front end off do you ? just open the hood and thats it ?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts