Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
ouch thats gota hurt, somthing hit u i take it?

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote author=Pankayk link=topic=137163.msg2956609#msg2956609 date=1235433190]
ouch thats gota hurt, somthing hit u i take it?

[/quote]
ya i was backing out of a parking space and i got hit but the cop said it was my fault :(so i negotiated with her not to call insurance because ill be paying up the [email protected] yeah..im screwed..lol

·
Registered
31,083 Posts

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
[quote author=gar187er link=topic=137163.msg2956876#msg2956876 date=1235439421]
another reason as to why everyone should back into parking spots....

and yes the cop is right, your backing up, its your fault cause you cant see whats coming...
[/quote]

not only that, but if ur backign out into their lane they should have the right away, no?

but it doesnt look too bad! hopefully its not that costly.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Tough spot for a repair. Lots of curves. You'll need to sand down the area very well. Then you'll need to but a "flexible" body filler. Fill and sand to shape. Primer the spot. Then re-sand the entire bumper with a 400-600 grit paper. Then paint the entire bumper to do it right.
You'll need a basecoat, and clearcoat. Also a spraygun with a compressor to do it right.
If you want to use a spray can, it'll look like garbage. Thats if they even make that color in a spray can.
Sorry you got hit, but a professional bodyshop is the only way to go on that kind of repair. Its not as simple as you may think.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
buy a new bumper?

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes well i would rather spend the money for different mods than fixing the bumper as of now...first i have to get rid of my girlfriend because thats where most of my money goes....if i find a way to get rid of her ill most definetly go to a body shop.. :lol:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Keep the GF, skip the mods, and fix the bumper. Just my opinion.
Nothing looks worse then a modded car without a GF in it and a roughed up body part.

·
Registered
31 Posts
[quote author=Carowen link=topic=137163.msg2957019#msg2957019 date=1235442712]
buy a new bumper?
[/quote]

A new bumper would still need to be painted.

The only way to repair this damage is a full repaint of the bumper cover and unless you have access to professional spray equipment and you are an expert painter, a body shop is the only way you are going to be able to get this done.

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
[quote author=tesprit link=topic=137163.msg2959520#msg2959520 date=1235531692]

The only way to repair this damage is a full repaint of the bumper cover and unless you have access to professional spray equipment and you are an expert painter, a body shop is the only way you are going to be able to get this done.
[/quote]

Add in to that that while you can get your paint in a spray can most of Mazda's paints are very complex and can be difficult to blend. A good bodyshop will be able to do this.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
[quote author=bustednutz link=topic=137163.msg2958136#msg2958136 date=1235497469]
Keep the GF, skip the mods, and fix the bumper. Just my opinion.
Nothing looks worse then a modded car without a GF in it and a roughed up body part.
[/quote]
i would rather have a modded car than a gf.....there are many girls in the world..to be exact to every man there is 1.5 girls...almost double..yes i think bodyshop is only way to go...time to go and get price quotes...ehhhh

1 - 13 of 13 Posts