Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The sticker is off however, when it rains or is foggy you can see the ghost of the 32 mpg sticker the dealership had put on my windshield. I tried polishing compound and it was unsuccessful.
What do you think will remove the ghost????

·
Registered
72 Posts
Re: How do I remove the ghost of 32 mpg sticker the dealer put on my windshield?

assuming you already tried a glass cleaner......maybe a wd-40 or clay?

·
Registered
12,565 Posts
Re: How do I remove the ghost of 32 mpg sticker the dealer put on my windshield?

Why did they put a 32 mpg sticker on it? I'd raise some hell, personally. Any pics?

And yeah, try some clay. I had a sticker from a previous car club, but took it off, and now it seemed to go away by itself. Take it off, wash it, and see what happens.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts

Goo Gone would probably work well, since it's designed to dissolve the adhesive used in stickers. Be careful, though, that you don't get any on your paint, as it can be harmful.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Chrome polish works great on windows to remove water spots, it'll probably work on the sticker residue as well.

Darryl

·
Registered
186 Posts
32MPG ... I wish!

But yeah, Goo Gone would probably work. If it doesn't, I'd suggest some sort of other oil-based solvent, followed by a thorough cleansing with soap and/or glass cleaner.

·
Banned
1,344 Posts
Clay bar would work nicely.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts