Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I have a 07 GT w/o the Bose system, and I'm wondering how can I tell if my HU is the 6CD one? There are two buttons on the right side of the unit that say "Disc". I've tried to load another disc after inserting one, and it will not feed. After comparing pics of my HU to the one here (http://www.mazdastuff.com/product.cfm?ProductID=2694), they look alike (HVAC controls are obviously different). I'm afraid to damage the unit. I searched, but I couldn't find an answer. I'm sure this has been asked before. Thanks.

-E

·
Registered
73 Posts
To the left of your CD slot it will have a button marked "LOAD". If you push that with a CD in the drive and the display reads "IN" after a few seconds of clicking (and a repeated "boop-beep-boop-beep" from your speakers), and it allows you to insert another CD then you have a 6CD radio. If not, then you don't.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Open your glove box, or look on your desk under a bunch paper, pull out your owner's manual, read, I'll give you a hint....Section 6

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote author=revhigh link=topic=105250.msg2141837#msg2141837 date=1205272818]
:lol: at this thread
[/quote]

Like I said, I have no clue about the fuggin' thing since it looks like a 6CD HU, but I don't see it on the options list of the vehicle I bought new from the dealer (unless these come standard on the 07 GT trim). Thanks for the tips fellas. I'll be getting my vehicle back later today from the body shop, and I'll try it out later today.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote author=Fantom link=topic=105250.msg2145406#msg2145406 date=1205366703]
Bigger hint, mine says 6 disc
[/quote]

Mine doesn't say that, I have an 07. It just says multi-function audio system. It does have the "Load" button on the left side of the slot, and it does have the "< >" buttons to change discs. This is why I asked. I still have not tried it yet.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Then ya think maybe you don't have a 6 disc? You're killing me. All the stereos look the same, single, changer, mp3 player, etc, only the trim panel around the slot you insert to CD into is different. If you have a 6 disc, it will say 6 disc immediately to the left of the opening. Owner's manual page 6-27

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[quote author=Fantom link=topic=105250.msg2148778#msg2148778 date=1205456467]
Then ya think maybe you don't have a 6 disc? You're killing me. All the stereos look the same, single, changer, mp3 player, etc, only the trim panel around the slot you insert to CD into is different. If you have a 6 disc, it will say 6 disc immediately to the left of the opening. Owner's manual page 6-27
[/quote]

Yea, once I dug out the manual yesterday, I figured it out. It's not the 6 cd changer, LOL. Sorry for all the confusion. I can't believe this thread is still alive. :break: You guys are awesome!!!

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
from coolal's FS thread:

This is what an 05 6 disc looks like - all the other years are similar except for the Tape/MD and Media button.

Even the Bose looks the same, the only outward diff is that it says "BOSE" on the display at power on instead of "HELLO".

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,
I have a 07 GT w/o the Bose system, and I'm wondering how can I tell if my HU is the 6CD one? There are two buttons on the right side of the unit that say "Disc". I've tried to load another disc after inserting one, and it will not feed. After comparing pics of my HU to the one here (http://www.mazdastuff.com/product.cfm?ProductID=2694), they look alike (HVAC controls are obviously different). I'm afraid to damage the unit. I searched, but I couldn't find an answer. I'm sure this has been asked before. Thanks.

-E
If your model has a load button to the left it is 6 disc.. You just hold it a few seconds to load next cd... I just read this on manual..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts