Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I vertically adjusted my projectors so they arent soo low, but my drivers side projector is really aiming out way too far to the left. Its almost leaving a gap in the light right in front of me. How do I adjust it horizonally ? Thanks!!! :?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Re: How do I horizonally adjust my projectors??? * NEED ASA

BlackMz3 said:
Hey guys,

I vertically adjusted my projectors so they arent soo low, but my drivers side projector is really aiming out way too far to the left. Its almost leaving a gap in the light right in front of me. How do I adjust it horizonally ? Thanks!!! :?
how did u vertically adjust your headlights? I need to know how to aim them lower.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

01AWW18T said:
BlackMz3 said:
Hey guys,

how did u vertically adjust your headlights? I need to know how to aim them lower.

there is a white plastic cap on the backside of the projectors. Pop that off... and underneath is a screw. Turn that screw to the right to aim them up, turn it to the left to aim them down.

Now I gotta figure out how to make them go left or right :( :( :(

·
Registered
745 Posts
I am not sure if you are supposed to be able to adjust them horizontally. My previous car's manufacturer (Nissan) had a recall for my 2001 Sentra because they forgot to put the tamper-proof cap on the horizontal adjustment. So maybe you can adjust them, but you might have to break a piece to be able to do so.

URL to the Recall: Enter 2001 Nissan Sentra
http://www.nissanusa.com/form/0,,action-NRecallPublicLanding_sctid-51054,00.html#22356

·
Registered
106 Posts

BlackMz3 said:
There are 2 white caps behind each headlight. I think one is for up/down and the other is left right adjustment.

Also, there is an adjustment screw that doesn't have a white cap, near the bottom behind headlight,. I think that is for high-beam adjustment.

As for the two white caps, which one did u adjust for the up/down? the one nearest to the grille, or the one nearest to the fender?

In case anyone is wondering, I think the white caps are tamper proof caps (I have no idea why Mazda don't want us to adjust our headlights, or maybe they wanna make $$$ and force us to bring it to dealers). I used needle nose pliers to pull them out.

HTH

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

01AWW18T said:
BlackMz3 said:
There are 2 white caps behind each headlight. I think one is for up/down and the other is left right adjustment.

Also, there is an adjustment screw that doesn't have a white cap, near the bottom behind headlight,. I think that is for high-beam adjustment.

As for the two white caps, which one did u adjust for the up/down? the one nearest to the grille, or the one nearest to the fender?

In case anyone is wondering, I think the white caps are tamper proof caps (I have no idea why Mazda don't want us to adjust our headlights, or maybe they wanna make $$$ and force us to bring it to dealers). I used needle nose pliers to pull them out.

HTH

The one nearest the fender.

Yeah i saw that 2nd cap.. but i thought that it was for high beam's. I will give it a shot though :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
01AWW18T said:
Fobby_Monkey said:
pictures?
Credit goes to M3-GT for using his picture:

I haven't verified the horizontal adjustment of the low-beam yet (its still daytime right now).

Hope this helps :D

let me make sure i have that read properly.

The horizonal adjustment screw is underneath the clip for the bulb? so I would have to remove the dust shield, wiring out of the way.. and the screw is under all that ?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Fobby_Monkey said:
so there's a white cap that's covering the screw? cause i still can't really picture it in my head. =\
yup there's a white cover over the bolt/screw. The cover jsut spins and spins and u gotta get that off before you can do any adjusting.

·
Registered
106 Posts
BlackMz3 said:
The horizonal adjustment screw is underneath the clip for the bulb? so I would have to remove the dust shield, wiring out of the way.. and the screw is under all that ?
nope, the horizontal adjustment screw looks exactly like the vertical one, with white cap on it.

The thick red arrows is pointing to something else.,. not the adjustment screws (sorry),.., its the thin red arrows that are pointing to the screws

edit: I made the arrows white now so its easier to see :D

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
01AWW18T said:
BlackMz3 said:
nope, the horizontal adjustment screw looks exactly like the vertical one, with white cap on it.

The thick red arrows is pointing to something else.,. not the adjustment screws (sorry),.., its the thin red arrows that are pointing to the screws

edit: I made the arrows white now so its easier to see :D
]

You were right!! It worked! But i lost a screwdriver in the process because of how hard it is to access the screws :(

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a question. I was trying to adjust the low-beam vertical adjustment screw (the one you can see directly when you open the hood, further from the radiator). But it seems it's turning the light to the left or to the right. Am I doing something wrong?

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.