Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I recently bought what I was told by the dealership to be a 2007 Mazda 3 GT Sedan. I was told it has a 2.3 L engine with 150Ib of tourque at 6500rpm( yeah like I'm gonna red line my car). Anyways I ran into to someone with what looked to be the exact same car, however after talking to him, he said it was a 2009 Mazda 3. His car had a spoiler, but he said that he was almost positive that all GT models come standard with a spoiler, and my car did not, was this an option, or is it supposed to be standard. Can someone please put my mind at ease?? I've lifted the hood to see if the engine block says 2.3L, but all I can see is DOHC 16 valve, which all Mazda 3 models have.

Can someone give my other ways to tell, that I got what I paid for.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote author=danielj link=topic=137662.msg2967780#msg2967780 date=1235874618]
Spoilers are an option.

In your profile, it says GT w/ luxury package. The luxury package adds leather, HIDs, LED tail lights. Features the GS and GX do not have.
[/quote]

Are you positive on this, I thought you could still get the luxary package with the GS/GX. Although I was pretty sure that 17" wheels, were only available on the GT. But after what that guy told my today I wasn't sure, I guess the only way to know for sure is to confirm the engine size, and unfortunatly, lifting the hood doesn't give you this information.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote author=danielj link=topic=137662.msg2967805#msg2967805 date=1235875498]
Engine displacement is on the sticker located inside the engine bay.

I'm well versed in trim and options. To my knowledge, the luxury package exclusive to the GT.
[/quote]

Ok first off, I should have mentioned that I'm far from a mechanic, and when you say engine bay what do you mean, after lifting up hood where do I found the sticker, do I have to remove any of the plastic covers to see it?

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Luxury package came only on GT cars. So if you've got leather, it's a GT.

Now, look at your front bumper. If there is a strip of chrome above the Mazda symbol you have a GX/GS. If it's all body colour you have a GT.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
The engine bay is under your hood. It referes to the compartment which houses your engine. There is a label (on the back of the hood I believe) that displays some stats on the engine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[quote author=condor888000 link=topic=137662.msg2968016#msg2968016 date=1235882347]
Luxury package came only on GT cars. So if you've got leather, it's a GT.

Now, look at your front bumper. If there is a strip of chrome above the Mazda symbol you have a GX/GS. If it's all body colour you have a GT.
[/quote]

Ok, leather check, body colour check, I guess it's all good and I got what I paid for. I was just a bit worried after hearing about dealerships adding options to vehicles and then trying to sell them off, claiming to be a model that they aren't. Ford is notorious for this with their pickups, quite often I've heard that they add stuff to trucks, and then try and sell them as XLT models, so they can sell them for thousands more. So I went into my purchase with this in the back of my mind. Then when I spoke to a guy with a GT, who thought that all GTs have a rear spoiler, alarm bells starting going off.

With that said though, I think I'd be interested in adding a spoiler to my car, just to complete the image. Are they pretty easy to install? Or is it something I should get a pro to do?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.