Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo31/blankets3/IMG_0402.jpg

that plastic thing that the belt goes through thoguht id ask b4 i went and tried doing it myself and screwing it up lol *see my steering wheel mod*

Any ideas??

Ok after much thought I think I'm just going 2 fully tape off the seatbelt n just spray paint it, probably best/easiest thing 2 do

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
why?

·
Registered
658 Posts
If you tape it off and spray it in the car, all I'll say is make sure you really mask off a big area, and well. Like if you use newspaper, don't have any gaps that the paint might be able to drift underneath. Have it all sealed tight. And seriously mask/screen off like that whole side of the car and the seat.

I've been working this weekend on spray painting the emblem on my steering wheel by masking it and spraying. Haven't seen the finished product yet, I pull the tape off tonight or tomorrow. But I already made the mistake of not screening properly with the newspaper I was using, and ended up with a little bit of over spray on the sides of my steering wheel. And I'm a little worried I might not have had the tape sealed well enough around the emblem as well, allowing paint to drip underneath. I'll find out soon. :)

I am going to post a how-to on the emblem painting in the next few days, as long as I didn't completely butcher it.

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Take it off completely and get it powder coated. If you use spray paint it will flake off eventually. And why would you do that..is it really that big of a deal that its not black with the rest of the pillars....dumb thing to worry about IMO. Leave it a lone and do real mods man :lol:

·
Registered
27,077 Posts
[quote author=John_in_the_LBC link=topic=140262.msg3024695#msg3024695 date=1238349225]
why?
[/quote]

Because he's a young ricer.... we've figured this out already.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[quote author=ito link=topic=140262.msg3025051#msg3025051 date=1238359215]
[quote author=John_in_the_LBC link=topic=140262.msg3024695#msg3024695 date=1238349225]
why?
[/quote]

[/quote]

why: i want the interrior all black

and how exactly am i a ricer, beacuse i want it painted black?

[quote author=08mazda2.0 link=topic=140262.msg3025013#msg3025013 date=1238357371]
Take it off completely and get it powder coated. If you use spray paint it will flake off eventually. And why would you do that..is it really that big of a deal that its not black with the rest of the pillars....dumb thing to worry about IMO. Leave it a lone and do real mods man :lol:
[/quote]

its an eye soar if everything else is black and i have this one part that issnt, n as far i see it doesnt come off.

and as far as "real mods" go im pretty much done with the car besides rims n a lil paint, putting performance mods in this car would be dumb n is complete rice, putting a exhaust + headder on my car is about 2g's alone for what? mby 30+ hp gain? i can take that 2g's i can get a nissan 240 for 2g's which is so much of a better car, or what put a turbo in my car, please id rather save the money n get a worthwhile car.

n yea okay the steering wheel thing was one thing but this is why i asked here 1st n didnt just jump into it. hoping some 1 might give me a 1/2 decent response but the best iv got so far was

[quote author=Chaos link=topic=140262.msg3024961#msg3024961 date=1238355891]
If you tape it off and spray it in the car, all I'll say is make sure you really mask off a big area, and well. Like if you use newspaper, don't have any gaps that the paint might be able to drift underneath. Have it all sealed tight. And seriously mask/screen off like that whole side of the car and the seat.
[/quote]

(and i can take it out of the car completle but cant go to far with it since its still attached to the belt, so ill only have to worry about spaying the belt)

·
Registered
36,001 Posts
[quote author=blankets3 link=topic=140262.msg3026646#msg3026646 date=1238428626]
its an eye soar if everything else is black and i have this one part that issnt, n as far i see it doesnt come off.

and as far as "real mods" go im pretty much done with the car besides rims n a lil paint, putting performance mods in this car would be dumb n is complete rice, putting a exhaust + headder on my car is about 2g's alone for what? mby 30+ hp gain? i can take that 2g's i can get a nissan 240 for 2g's which is so much of a better car, or what put a turbo in my car, please id rather save the money n get a worthwhile car.

n yea okay the steering wheel thing was one thing but this is why i asked here 1st n didnt just jump into it. hoping some 1 might give me a 1/2 decent response but the best iv got so far was
[/quote]

So what you're saying is, you want to trash this car as much as possible to completely screw trade-in/resale value, simply because you think its not a "worthwhile investment"? Reality check: Modding cars isnt a worthwhile investment.

Sell your car now and salvage any of the value that still remains before you decide to f-up the rest of it. Then go buy your 240 for $2k that'll break down every other day.

On topic: Just paint the thing with a brush. When somebody paints shit, why does everybody assume they have to use spray? WTF did people do before aerosol was invented? Damn...

·
Registered
265 Posts
[quote author=sdemo45 link=topic=140262.msg3026824#msg3026824 date=1238432641]
[quote author=blankets3 link=topic=140262.msg3026646#msg3026646 date=1238428626]

[/quote]

WTF did people do before aerosol was invented? Damn...
[/quote]

They huffed paint brushes.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
[quote author=aps11090 link=topic=140262.msg3027113#msg3027113 date=1238437892]
When are you going to paint your headliner?
[/quote]

Im getting it wrapped in suede, not painting it

So what you're saying is, you want to trash this car as much as possible to completely screw trade-in/resale value, simply because you think its not a "worthwhile investment"? Reality check: Modding cars isnt a worthwhile investment.

Sell your car now and salvage any of the value that still remains before you decide to f-up the rest of it. Then go buy your 240 for $2k that'll break down every other day.

On topic: Just paint the thing with a brush. When somebody paints shit, why does everybody assume they have to use spray? WTF did people do before aerosol was invented? Damn...
1-im not selling this car, once i get another one ill be using the mazda as a winter car till the day it dies
2-painting plastic doesnt mean trash it, the only thing i would say i trashed was the wheel but i like it
3-hand painting it was something i considered but i was thinking it would come out badly

·
Registered
265 Posts
Paint it red so your seatbelt comes out faster.

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
[quote author=ito link=topic=140262.msg3025051#msg3025051 date=1238359215]
why?
[/quote]

[/quote]

why: i want the interrior all black

and how exactly am i a ricer, beacuse i want it painted black?

[quote author=08mazda2.0 link=topic=140262.msg3025013#msg3025013 date=1238357371]
[/quote]

[quote author=Chaos link=topic=140262.msg3024961#msg3024961 date=1238355891]
[/quote]

(and i can take it out of the car completle but cant go to far with it since its still attached to the belt, so ill only have to worry about spaying the belt)
[/quote]
...nice try at justifying your self...:rofl:

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i dont want to paint it red even if it added 10 hp, ill leave dynoing a family sedan's and wagons to you guys !
(not including the speeds)

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
this thread needs to get locked..........

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.