Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was at a light on a michigan U-turn and when the light turned green I gave it some gas (to 2k) then let out the clutch somewhat quicker than normal, but not too fast. I experienced Wheelhop and a lil tire spin (Im guessing I had no traction on ice, then hopped when i bit the pavement). I have done wheelhop once before after a bought the car; I have changed my MM since. The wheelhop just sounds so painful lol, if you'd say. I just want to know how bad can my car get hurt? lol

I am just a little paranoid about breaking things lol. :shock:

I just need some reassurance.

· Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[quote author=Byron link=topic=135003.msg2917702#msg2917702 date=1233945518]
If it feels like something is going to break, is probably IS! Sacrilicious is right, the spiking if the torque loads is what is going to do the damage. When things are jumping around so hard the exhaust is banging on the bottom of the car the axles, half shafts, transmission, dual mass flywheel, and motor mounts are all getting the crap beat out of them.
[/quote]

lol doesnt sound like a good time to be a MS3 :shock:

· Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lol yea I did get off the gas when it happened. it was like a split second spin while turning on a U-turn then I hit traction. I would have prevented it if I anticipated it, but I was looking down the road for oncoming traffic. I have been really good with avoiding wheel-hop. Oh well I have owned the car since july 08 and that was only my second time at the most. Shit happens lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.