Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shansen and fatty...wondering how the little brats are. Jp, getting close too by now..right?

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
Penelope's doing fine. She has her good days and her bad days, LOL. I'm off for two weeks to stay home with her as the wife transitions back to work. She'll start daycare on the 15th.

At least at this point we're both getting a good night's sleep as Penny sleeps from about 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. No more 3 a.m. feedings/diaper changes. How's your little girl?

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Aren't kids awesome.... Trust me the good days you will remember and the tough ones are easily lost in the memory banks.

I have a 14 year old(shit 15 in August) daughter who is a book hound. Straight A's and actually have great conversations with.
AND a 6 year step-daughter who is a great kid but SO high energy. She is more like a little boy, rough and tumble but still thinks she is a princess. Maybe we should sign her up for hockey LOL.

Enjoy your youngins, for they grow up fast.

·
Super Moderator
8,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maddie is awesome. Always laughing, smiling, and sleeping 7p to 7a. She had a cranky week but back to normal now..

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Skyler is doing pretty good, she has yet to learn to sleep when shes tired... Instead she screams until she cant stay awake any longer. We tried cereal in her formula and it didnt work out so well as she just screamed her head off because it was hurting her stomach. So we are going to wait a little longer before we start that up again.

Just hoping she will sleep better, since i get up at 5am for work and my wife is on medication for her bi-polar and it requires sleep to work.

On the bright side she smiles so much, we are giving her lots of tummy time and she spends some time in her jumperoo, i cant wait for her to sit up.

·
Super Moderator
8,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, when they sit up and roll around alone it makes life easier. Not bragging but now we put maddie in her crib, she grabs big bird and passes out. No more bullshit tactics...

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
Penny has always been a good sleeper at night, but she was a hellion 80% of the evenings before bed a few weeks back. Now that we have her on a better nap schedule, she's well behaved most of the time.

So getting easier, but still a major lifestyle change for us, LOL.

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
[quote author=Shansen120 link=topic=191550.msg4038947#msg4038947 date=1307022267]
Skyler is doing pretty good, she has yet to learn to sleep when shes tired... Instead she screams until she cant stay awake any longer. We tried cereal in her formula and it didnt work out so well as she just screamed her head off because it was hurting her stomach. So we are going to wait a little longer before we start that up again.
[/quote]

One tip that we found works well:

http://www.coliccalm.com/

Works wonders when they're inconsolable. Caution, though, as it stains terribly, even in puke. Good thing we didn't replace the ugly white carpet in the nursery yet.....

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
Had a big luncheon today with my office and our partner firms. I took Penny along to show her off. What a freakin' disaster. Never seen her so inconsolable. Thankfully 90% of the attendees were baby lovin' women who didn't mind her crying and took turns calming her down. :dur:

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
About one day a week Penny is just awful, LOL. Why did today have to be that day? :lol:

Oh well, she's napping in her crib now. Let's hope she wakes up happier!

·
Super Moderator
8,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sometimes they get over stimulated. We usually take maddie to louder places but even if we take her to sushi she's good as long as there is stuff for her to look at. If there's too many screaming women she gets nuts.

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
Big weekend for Penny. Had a b-day party for my nephew around lunch time yesterday. Then drove up to Oklahoma City for an overnight stay to visit with some aunts and uncles. Back home today. She slept the entire 7 hours in the car and was never cranky the entire time.

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
[quote author=biggee72 link=topic=191550.msg4047478#msg4047478 date=1307918764]
7 hours?? Niiiice!
[/quote]

Sorry, should have specified. 3.5 hours each way, but she slept the entire time on the road to/from.

[quote author=biggee72 link=topic=191550.msg4047478#msg4047478 date=1307918764]
Maddie got mac n cheese today. She loves it.
[/quote]

Awesome :)

Solid foods bring their own problems over bottle feeding, but at least they're getting close to the stage where you can put food in front of them and they can feed themselves rather than 15 mins on the bottle! :lol:

·
Super Moderator
8,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If i put 50 cheerios in front of her the dog gets 48 of them and 2 make it into her mouth. Baby steps..

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
[quote author=biggee72 link=topic=191550.msg4047520#msg4047520 date=1307923201]
If i put 50 cheerios in front of her the dog gets 48 of them and 2 make it into her mouth. Baby steps..
[/quote]

:lol:

Dogs love cheerios!

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Hey guys, glad to hear things are going pretty well for yall. I haven't updated in awhile, but the wifey and babies are doing great, the twins are weighing a little ahead, and they're both breach so we have a c-section scheduled for July 19th.

Everything is done, ive got all the baby equipment put together and the baby room ready, so now its just a waiting game... I'm getting a little nervous, it wont be long now.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts