Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im driving a 1.6L mazda axela which is manual transmission. its a great car and fun to drive. iv bring front and back lip, sideskarts and spoiler from bangkok. now i want to modefy the engine. im a novice and i need some information about engine modification. what should i do? install intake?header?exj\haust?turbo? what should be better? im interested about turbo... is there any turbo available for 1.6l let me know...

·
Registered
131 Posts
i have that same one engine.... i started engine mods... i have planned 2 mods... air intake and exhaust... i did the intake mod yesterday and yes i got some hp... and it sounds really cool.. i bought pipes on ebay and the filter is a AEM... i boought the pipes apart cuz i am not gonna buy expensives pipes like fujita or AEM to cut it... you know its almost the same the fitting of the 2.3 CAI and 1.6 but its not exactly the same... you need to cut like 3 inches of the piping... and i am not gonna pay US180 to cut it... i bought the pipes of a SRI and putted and aem :p.... so like in 3 weeks my exhaust arrive from japan!! so ill post vids and clips!! with both together sri and exhaust...

·
Registered
131 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
hello! i revive this thred because i am interested in fitting an intake . can you tell me how did you manage to solve the maf mount issue? did you buy the tube with the maf hole as a kit or did you fabricate it your self?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts