Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stock for stock, RSX interior pwns...........

anyone know if we can change out our AC knobs and stuff to look similar to an rsx?

·
Banned
1,344 Posts
that stereo install looks like ass. look at the gaps all around it and the pocket

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Wow really? A girl I dated for a few months had an RSX-S and I always thought it was one of the most bland boring interiors I had ever seen.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I second that. I test drove an RSX when I was looking to buy a car. Needless to say, I bought the 3. The interior is dull, and the car itself is just a fancy civic. For north of 20k, you might as well get a loaded 3 with Navi and Xenons.

·
Registered
9,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i like acura, i really wanted one over my 3, but the insurance would cost 330 dollars a month. i didnt feel like spending all of my earnings on the acura... need some spending money.

I heart Acura RSX's... i want a Type-S with a Type-R wing, and a lip kit or buddy club kit, lowered, cybernationmotorsports turbo kit~~~

But a 3 and an Type-S 0-60mph time is close i believe.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
[quote author=kspec link=topic=65676.msg1125238#msg1125238 date=1167434296]
i like acura, i really wanted one over my 3, but the insurance would cost 330 dollars a month. i didnt feel like spending all of my earnings on the acura... need some spending money.

I heart Acura RSX's... i want a Type-S with a Type-R wing, and a lip kit or buddy club kit, lowered, cybernationmotorsports turbo kit~~~

But a 3 and an Type-S 0-60mph time is close i believe.
[/quote]

no, not close. The base rsx and the 3 are close. As for the interior, I like the rsx's but it's very hard to find a HU that fits and looks nice.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
that HU install doesn't look very professional

my little bro just got an RSX... i'll compare the next time I see him.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I previously owned a '02 RSX-S, now I have an '07 3GT hatch. I'd have to say the 3's interior is nicer, but just a bit.

RSX's advantages:
Nice HVAC layout
HVAC & Stereo tilted toward driver
Change drawer by window

3's advantages:
Steering wheel audio controls
Center armrest with storage
More adjustments for driver's seat
More convenient cup holder location

Also, the RSX had a much stiffer suspension, but with crappy stock tires it couldn't take advantage of it. The 3 corners much better. The RSX 2.0L engine is much nicer & refined than the 3's 2.3L, quite a bit faster too. Get it up to 6k RPM and it really moves! RSX also got better gas mileage. But overall, the 3 is easier to drive since it handles a lot better, much more control.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I like my GT's interier more than that. Granted it nice though, I'll give them that but the 3's interier is pretty much what sold me on getting the car so I obviously like it :lol:

~Saint

·
Registered
9,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i think my title messed up my original intentions for my thread.. :( lol!

i just wanted to know if we can use the RSX knobs and stuff on our mazda3~? idk if id do it, just asking.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Almost anything is possible with time and money.

~Saint

·
Registered
9,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lets give it 2 minutes to take off old knobs and put on new knobs...
and 15 dollars for knobs lol.

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
kspec, how can you determine its the hottest interior pic with a 400x300 pixel shot of the AC KNOBS

come on man, you've made some dumb threads before but this one takes the cake. at least give us some other shots to support your statement.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts