Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been off the boards for about 10 months and just getting the mod bug again. I just ordered a set of Hotchkis sway bars for my 07 MS3. I know a year ago there was major fitment issues, but at the time it was determined that if you install them with the car on ramps there was no problem, is that still the case? Or is there other info I need before I proceed?

·
Registered
82 Posts
The rear install is obviously super easy. The thing you need to remember about swaybars is that you need to install them with weight on the suspension, not in full droop so as not to preload them when you put weight on them. The easiest by far is to try to get access to a drive-on lift, but if you can't then the next best thing is to use ramps. But you are correct, have weight on the wheels. And use the loctite on the endlink nuts. It'll help in the long run.

·
Registered
74 Posts
And don't forget to be liberal with the grease on the bushings. My front made a lot of noise until I went back under and pumped in some more grease.

·
Registered
193 Posts
My only bit of advice is to forget the torque spec for the end links... tighten the hell out of them... dont break them (use common sense) but the recommended torque wont cut it... they will come loose.

I never had an issue with the front bar hitting the subframe except for in full droop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts