Mazda3 Forums banner

Can someone help

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone i have a mazda 3 sp 2.3. automatic. I was wondering what is the easiest way to get more horse power, and since I have a 4 spd automatic shift would it be dumb to go turbo?

·
Registered
769 Posts
yet another poll that does not make sense, I vote horsepower!

·
Registered
501 Posts
from what i have seen it would be better to stay away from turbo since you have an auto, but if you have the money go for it just be aware it complicates things and puts more stress on your whole drivetrain, the trade off is lots of speed. if you have the money go turbo if you don't just stay N/A (naturally aspirated) and gradually increase your horsepower part by part

·
Registered
769 Posts
Since you have the four speed auto you can get the lentech valvebody to help your auto handle the power. Also search the forum, I'm sure you will find your answers.

·
Registered
239 Posts
If all you want is a 5-10 hp gain, you can try something like a CAI, exhaust header, or perhaps even super-lightweight rims. But if you want a lot more power, like that produced by a good turbocharger, or reworked heads, intake, performance camshaft, etc., and you are prepared to spend the thousands of dollars for those serious upgrades, sell your car now. Take the proceeds and the thousands of dollars you would have spent in upgrades and buy yourself the performance car you want. It will be much cheaper in the long run.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yep, trade it in for the MazdaSpeed3. You get a factory warranty and waaaay less hassle then trying to add a turbo. If you really want that power, and still want the auto, I believe you have the wrong car. Learn to drive the stick or get a used Vette or something. The Speed3 goes 0-60 in 5.4 seconds, and you will be putting in way too much effort to get anything close, and in fact, you won't find much that goes that quick for the money!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
[quote author=Adam3324 link=topic=135344.msg2930896#msg2930896 date=1234410835]
but the problem with getting a speed three is that you have to trade it in and the change the motor mounts so they don't fall apart on you
[/quote]

I think those would be the least of your worries when compared to what you would have to do to add a turbo to your current car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts