Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UPDATE AS OF MAY 13 2009:

I have good news for me, the lip, I was told was fix of the cut issues and is pretty much good condition. I am also getting my 100 dollars refunded for the paint. So far the communication with supershyguy is going very well. I am hoping the lip which will be what I expect it too be. I have decided I will paint the lip myself as I have the skills and products to do so...

I was told the lip will be going out this Friday so I will inform you guys when I get the lip.

UPDATE:

I just thought I should let everyone know that I have received good communication from supershuyguy about getting a new lip. Well, after being pretty angry I had time to cool off and think about how I wanted to go about this. Well, I decided for the time being that I will get another lip because I like the "edginess" it gives the car.

Nevertheless, I have received good communication from supershyguy and he said he will look out for my lip to make sure it's in the condition I asked for it: meaning, I told him, I want this new lip to be pretty much perfect.... cut's all the way around to perfectly match the OEM bumper.

Will see how this goes. Stay tuned for future updates.

-Sebastian

I re-sized the pictures for better look at the imperfections. Scroll down to view the pictures of the CF lip.

I contact supershyguy back in mid February about buying the MS3 GV front lip and carbon fiber spoiler

lip« Sent to: twelveinch on: February 15, 2009, 02:57:12 PM »
« You have forwarded or responded to this message. »
Reply with quoteQuote ReplyReply Remove this messageRemove
yup I still sell them. its a new guy doing all my lips now. so the new stuff has no problem

Painted lip plus unpainted spoiler lip is - $430 shipped
painted lip with Carbon Fiber spoiler lip is on special at $520 shipped

Well, I got the lip about 2 weeks ago... after he stated that it would only be about 3 weeks... OK, I understand stuff comes up and what not and I have been patient enough. When I finally got the lip in- no change what so ever.... really bad cuts and design.....once the lip was put on it was hard to keep it straight on each side so I added more double sided tape... well, sure enough, no longer than a day or two due to the fact that the lip was cut really bad started to pull away the double tape and scratched my front bumper on both sides!

When I emailed him about this he told me "bro, all you have to do is sand down the edges"- seriously? I mean, WTF?

Now, today, the paint started to come off! I just contacted supershy guy about this and I am awaiting his email. I simply want a full refund for this because this is unacceptable... I was willing to let go of the cut imprefection until my bumper got scratched and the paint started to come off the lip....talk about quality...

· Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Horrible quality MS3 GV front lip w/pics- look!

Here's what happened to my front bumper (passenger side) the driver side is much worse and I'll post it really soon:

Attachments

· Registered
1,177 Posts

Damn what happened to NextMod. Ive never heard anything bad about them, then all of a sudden all these GV lips are fucked up.

· Registered
10,290 Posts

it has always been like that, the quality isn't there. repeated mold use etc contributes to it. go authentic or go home, you get what you pay for.

· Registered
1,735 Posts

some people got almost perfect fitting ones but alot got ones that didnt fit right

· Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

[quote author=V1rone link=topic=143135.msg3084960#msg3084960 date=1240755630]
How did the CF spoiler lip fit? Any trouble with that?
[/quote]

The fitting of the CF spoiler lip isn't that bad- it depends on how hard you squeeze it down and how much double sided tape you use if you don't want gaps and shit. I'll take pictures in a few and post them.

Lastly, the design of the lip is kinda shitty too. I mean it's not a 600 dollar lip but it could have been put together much better. I'll explain now and will take pictures in a few:

On the inner part of the lip (the side that's going towards the front of the car) has runs... and is pretty rough... as if to much coat has been applied and it was just left alone.... 2) since it's CF at the point where they put the two sides together it wasn't evenly cut so it's not a perfect straight line.... like I said earlier it could have also been a better job....

If I knew I was going to get this type of BS I would just have saved my 520 and bought something else. Supershyguy emailed me back today and this is what he wrote:

the best thing I can do is refund the paint and send you a brand new unpainted lip in good condition
and I would need you to break the defective lip in 3 pieces. you will get the refund of paint and a brand new lip

Seriously? That's the best he can do. Honestly, I don't care. It's funny how he mentions he'll send me an unpainted lip in a good condition. What, the painted lips and all the others weren't never made to be in a good condition?

Screw that, all I got is a BS lip and now I'm getting BS costumer service. I don't want a new lip but my money back. Is he serious or smoking crack- refund me money for paint? What is that? 20 dollars? 10?

If I don't get my money back I will file a claim with paypal and report him to the BBB.

· Registered
1,087 Posts

For a quality fit one should allways have body parts fitted, preped and properly fastened IMO. Any application that uses the word "tape" in it (with a few exceptions such as side moulding or pin striping) for fastening purposes makes me chuckle.

Good luck on a reasonable resolution to your problem though.

· Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

[quote author=Adam loves JDM hoes link=topic=143135.msg3085225#msg3085225 date=1240766894]
ROFL..."break it in 3 pieces...." BURN THAT SHIT!
[/quote]

Seriously, I mean WTF? I'm going to be start to offer my services soon and my costumer service and quality isn't going to be anything near this garbage. I make sure my costumers are satisfied with their products.

I'm thinking about buying the front bumper from autoexe, I saw a thread on mazda247 of a guy who was selling it and it looked nice. The fitment was perfect. Expensive for unpainted bumper, yes, but it does the job. And I'll get that painted locally to match the car's paint.... and not have some other BS paint job....

· Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

[quote author=Adam loves JDM hoes link=topic=143135.msg3085272#msg3085272 date=1240768134]
BUY THE BUMPER! I love that bumper.
[/quote]

Yeah, me too, I just check with SU and with shipping it comes out to 995 or something and then painting it, over a grand easily... money money yeah yeah.... who has some to loan? LOL

I'll keep stock with the bumper until it get's worse and most likely later in the summer or next summer; will see.... but I'm itching to get this.

· Registered
202 Posts

I had the same issues with my GV style lip also, ended up living with the gaps, but when it gets nicer out I'll pull it off & make it fit my way (I got mine unpainted & had to do quite a bit of finishing work just so that it would look clean painted flat black).
I contacted SSG & got some trim to use as a spacer to fill in some of the smaller gaps.

· Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

[quote author=V1rone link=topic=143135.msg3084960#msg3084960 date=1240755630]
How did the CF spoiler lip fit? Any trouble with that?
[/quote]

Here's the CF spoiler lip, look at the white dots/blemishes...otherwise is much better than the front lip....

· Registered
65 Posts
Re: Horrible quality MS3 GV front lip w/pics- look! Update*

kinda sucks man... people talk up next mod all the time and then they come with something like this i mean i understand the whole same mold thing but dammm thats kinda ridiculous...

· Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

[quote author=harm210 link=topic=143135.msg3088572#msg3088572 date=1240880418]
kinda sucks man... people talk up next mod all the time and then they come with something like this i mean i understand the whole same mold thing but dammm thats kinda ridiculous...
[/quote]

Pretty much man. I should have done this the right way from the beginning and bought the AutoExe front bumper. F**K it, time to fish out another grand...

· Registered
6,649 Posts

o come on dude.. at least your rims look good :)

· Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

[quote author=lucaspl88 link=topic=143135.msg3090255#msg3090255 date=1240943586]
o come on dude.. at least your rims look good :)
[/quote]

Shut up Lucas.... lol, you said it yourself after seeing this shit in person what type of a bad job was done....

I had time to cool off about this shit.... and I will admit that the lip gives the car an edge but only if this was a better quality lip at least the cuts and paint I would be satisfied. I'm thinking of how I should proceed with this... get a new lip or refund... I dunno.

· Registered
4,614 Posts

Add me to the list of people that got a fubar'd rear spoiler lip. SSG's response was, "ship it back to me and I will send you a new one. You pay shipping both ways." (Btw, he is in canada) Even with my big shipping discounts, that was still over $150.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.