Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my 3 back in Nov and I've noticed that whenever the temp drops below freezing (I live in Minnesota so this happens quite regularly) the horn stops working. It doesn't work when I push on the steering wheel and it also doesn't work when I lock it. Any suggestions on what's going on here? Does anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
6,470 Posts
Hmm, I'm in touch regularly with a bunch of other 3 owners in the MSP area, and I've never heard of that happening. It sounds like something you might want to bring up with the dealer, especially if it's a reproducible problem.

If you notice it's not working one day, maybe you could use the key fob to activate the horn while you're listening in/around the engine bay, to see if it sounds like the horn is just malfunctioning due to the cold (weak sound, etc), or if it seems like it's not even recieving power--a wiring problem or something.

[off topic] Check out the North Central section of the regional boards--we've usually got some sort of meet going on every month or so, and we're always looking for new faces! :D [/off topic]

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys,

I made an appointment with Mazda dealer in brookdale, and of course today now thats its 'warm' again, the horn is working. So I hope they can still troubleshoot it, but we'll see.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

[dmetion7, I'll take a look at the meet info, thanks for the invite]

·
Registered
363 Posts
twister, i have the same problem, except its not that cold here in Northern VA, most of the time the car is outside but it seems to have no effect on the so-called "horn" , sometimes i try to honk and it sounds like a dying duck and then it wont work, which can be quite a be-yotch while going 20 holding up traffic waiting for the damn horn to work to race (3-days ago)

(even when it does work i'm quite ashamed :hide:)

·
Registered
801 Posts
"below freezing" around here means you take off your coat and enjoy the warmth!

never had a problem with the horn (except i don't like how it sounds... but that's different)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts