Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dunno if its just my driving ( when im driving aggressive ) or just accelerating hard from a complete stop accekerating hard when im turning a corner i make the (front?) of the car hop i can physically feel the car hopping

anyone else?

·
Registered
10,760 Posts
yes, they're notorious for wheelhop.
options:
motor mounts
ETD
slow the eff down.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote author=DamnLocust link=topic=137840.msg2971572#msg2971572 date=1236036469]
yes, they're notorious for wheelhop.
options:
motor mounts
ETD
[/quote]

whtas cheeper and whats better?

·
Registered
10,760 Posts
slowing the eff down is the cheapest of the 3. if you're anything like me, thats not gonna happen. etd is cheaper than changing all 3 mounts. easier install, too

·
Registered
10,760 Posts
well if u only do the rear mount thats cheaper. pay more in labor if you dont do it yourself

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
err, you 2 wanan fight this one out lol

ones says A other says B

its not even that im racing around but as a i speed up around a turn when im turning into traffic

like when im doing 50 and get on a road thats 80 or i just wanna speed up around a turn 0 -60.

its not something id pay A LOT to fix it doesnt bother me that much since its just a car i drive in the city

just wondering prices.
(im in canada)

·
Registered
38,019 Posts
No, we both said the motor mounts are cheaper... nobody's fighting here!

Motor mount I believe is around $40-60, ETD is around $200. Both you can install yourself if you have the right equipment (have to jack up the engine itself to get it into position), or at a shop.

·
Registered
10,760 Posts
there are lots of options for the motor mounts. to do all 3 of them can be pricey but you dont need to do all 3. corksport inserts are probably the cheapest way to go. dont recall how much they go for.

there are only 2 etds that i know of: weapon r and mazda3mods. etds run around $200 which i find to be high for what you get. still, i want one, and would happily ditch my vibrant stb for one (im pretty sure they won't work together.)

does it only happen when accelerating through a turn? seems it may be something else if its happening when accelerating from 50 mph

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
[quote author=DamnLocust link=topic=137840.msg2971772#msg2971772 date=1236040376]
there are lots of options for the motor mounts. to do all 3 of them can be pricey but you dont need to do all 3. corksport inserts are probably the cheapest way to go. dont recall how much they go for.

there are only 2 etds that i know of: weapon r and mazda3mods. etds run around $200 which i find to be high for what you get. still, i want one, and would happily ditch my vibrant stb for one (im pretty sure they won't work together.)

does it only happen when accelerating through a turn? seems it may be something else if its happening when accelerating from 50 mph
[/quote]

no it happens when:
turning a corner quicky
when im acclerating quickly ( i mean from 3rd gear acceling quickly from 3000rpms)
i can make it happen when its shifting into 1st at a high gear (i just assume that it was way to much gas)

i cant say this is for sure but its usually on hills except the last one

·
Registered
38,019 Posts
Well I could argue that shifting into 1st from a high gear is just a bad idea to begin with, but I get the feeling it's already too late ;)

And not for nothing, but this is pretty much definitely the wrong place for this discussion ;)

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
traction bars will also be very effective, once they are available

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
[quote author=Alec Trevelyan link=topic=137840.msg2971856#msg2971856 date=1236042533]
Well I could argue that shifting into 1st from a high gear is just a bad idea to begin with, but I get the feeling it's already too late ;)

And not for nothing, but this is pretty much definitely the wrong place for this discussion ;)
[/quote]

O my bad no thats just stupid i didnt mean that lol i meant high revs not high gear, (and im not talking like 6000 +) it can happen anywhere around 3000rpms area it doesnt always happen but if i shift quick enough i can make it happen, ( like i ca tell when its gunna happen so i step on the clutch right away)

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
[quote author=Tripleskate link=topic=137840.msg2971978#msg2971978 date=1236045425]
Well, your car is a 2005. It's entirely possible that you may have blown an OEM mount.... They are known to go out after random periods of time / miles driven.
[/quote]

wouldnt i feel much worse things, like i said unless im bing agressive with the car it wont happen even when i am being agressive it doesnt awalys happen

1 - 18 of 18 Posts