Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went to go make a deal on an m3 gt w/ gfx 2 days ago, and i went to add the auto-dimming mirror with compass and temp display. the sales rep (Anthony from Avante Mazda in Toronto) told me they had a delivery a week ago and the mirror (which is not stock, its installed on delivery at dealerships) actually doesnt fit properly cuz of the rain sensor in the windshield for the rain sensing wipers! the sensor must be just between the stock mirror and the windshield and he said when they tried to install the optional mirror, they had no room to run the wires for it cuz the rain sensing wires were in the way! i hope by march that will be fixed so i can get it when my car will be delivered, but if not, oh well. thats a good $400 in savings for me!

EDIT: Thread title :twisted:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
btw this also applies to the same mirror WITH the homelink option. as there are two versions. one with and one without homelink. just thought id clear that up :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Damn, I am waiting for that mirror too. I just took delivery of my car on the 7th, and my mirror was back ordered. It will be interesting to see how they handle that. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
at the dealership i went to, they said to compensate for the inconvenience, they let the guy who ran into this problem choose another option of relatively teh same value. so see if theres any other option you want for maybe 1-150 more and tell them you want that instead and they can suck the difference for the inconvenience

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have an auto dimming mirror on back order too...

I get conflicting stories though. One sales rep tells me they're just on back order and the other one mentioned the conflict between the auto sensing wipers and mirror...

Does anyone know for a fact if this is the REAL reason?

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Maybe they're on "back order" because Mazda is trying to figure out a way to have the dimming mirror not interfere with the rain sensor. :D

I was interested in this too, but after reading one person's account of how the mirror, when dimmed, in conjuction with their window tint made the image in the mirror seem almost non-existant, I think I'll pass and save myself the $400.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Last Thursday I went to my dealer for the Auto-Dimming Mirror install.

Several minutes had past and I saw the mechanic driving my car back from the bay. He got out of the car and told me that the black plastic cover for the mirror does not fit. It would also interfere with the sensor for the wipers.

...Mazda is "aware" of the issue and a fix is currently being worked on...

I am waiting to hear back from my Salesrep/Manager and will keep you posted on any news...

·
Registered
28 Posts
@$%# Same here :evil:

they told me that they are waiting for a special tool ordered from MAZDA

They also have to replace my spoiler because they installed the wrong one... they will probably have to change the whole trunk!!

Now that i know that i'm not the only one, i'll tell them to change the spoiler right waya instead of waiting to have it all done at the same time.

btw... does anyone else's breaks squeal when it cold?

·
Registered
239 Posts
everybodys brakes are squealing unless you want to take it to the dealer and get to to resurface your rotors.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Update on the Auto-dimming mirror: Mazda is still working on a fix, there is no ETA.

I think the issue lies with the sensor for the wipers/headlights. If they install the auto-dimming mirror, the automatic feature of the wipers/headlights will not work.

Has anyone else heard different from their dealership in Canada??

·
Registered
28 Posts
I AM SOOOOO PISSED :evil: #$#$^%^

I spoke to my dealer and he wants to reimburse me for the Mirror cause he said it's not gonna happen!!! That just kills me...i HATE that small a$$ mirror...looks cheap, feels cheap

As ANYONE been able to install this yet???

F

·
0 Posts
Latest update from Mazda Canada: The mirror will only fit base model M3's that don't have the rain sensing wipers. Nothing is in the works as of yet but I'll keep everyone posted.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts