Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am new and just wanted to announce the Birth of my new Mazda3. It was delivered from the truck today and I should be able to take it home on Saturday. Here are her vital statistics.

Titanium Gray Sedan
4-Speed Sport AT
Leather Seating
ABS/SAB/SAC Package
Moonroof & 6CD
Sport Package - 17inch Wheels
Xenon & TPMS Package
3M Invisible Bra
Tinted Windows
Heated Front Seats

Total Cost including Tax and License $23,000

I am very excited to take her home and will try and post pictures as soon as I can.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
23000? wow thats freakin great....we gotta negoiate our price...dealer trying to esll it to us for 25300 after tax and license.. haha we're gettin the same car cept mine is velocity red..

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Shoulda saved urself on the Sport pkg... In a few months I will be selling my rims and sideskirts to accomodate the new ones :D

·
Registered
171 Posts
that's exactly the same car i'm getting.. except for the heated seats..i didn't even know that was an option.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
No such option.. unless dealer installed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You are correct. This is a dealer installed option. I am still not sure if I want to have it installed or not, I guess it really depends on what kind of warranty they provide with it. Still, the price isn't too bad at only $695 for the two front seats.

·
Registered
171 Posts
the thing i wish they had were power seats.. i guess i've been spoiled by my last 2 cars which had them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I went and paid for the car today and I decided to go ahead and get the heated seats. The heating elements cover the seat and 3\4 of the way up the back. The warranty on them is for 3 years and while it was not the 5 years I was hoping for it was certainly better than the 1 year I was afraid it might be.

I actually got to sit in it for the first time too. I turned her on and looked at the Odometer and it read only 2 miles!! :) Gotta love that!

The dealer also mentioned it was the first Sedan that they had sold and they plan on taking pictures of it when it comes back from having the windows tinted because everyone is excited about how Good it is going to look with it done.

So Saturday is the big day for me. I am going to pick her up first thing in the morning. I will try and get some pictures depending on the weather.

·
Registered
171 Posts
for those of you who now own the 3, what do you think of that empty spot on the instrument panel display next to the CD/radio display? if u look closely, you can tell it's for the temp/AC, but seems mazda didn't want to program anything to display there... kinda leaves much to be desired everytime i look at that part of the display..

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
it doesn't bother me at all... the euro version has climate control. and this was the display stripped off the 6.. so that's why it's there. I d'ont pay attention the that bar anyways except for the time.

·
Registered
171 Posts
i don't know. it kind of bothers me. plus, i'm use to being able to see what AC mode i'm using and the temp i'm choosing. that's one of the only things missing on this car... the temp gauge and ac status.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
yea..it would be nice to have that... the temp gauge .. but it's no biggie for me..since most of the time i will be either looking at my tach.. or the road.. lOL

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I agree. That empty space on the display nags at the back of my mind as well. If it could at least show the outside temp and a compass that would be great.

·
Registered
103 Posts
lol, boy if you guys wanna be picky why not ask for a (HUD) heads up display,now that would be a option i would get.or voice activated system, now we are talken.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Did the heated seats come with leather or cloth? If it is leather, I might consider it. Can you take pics of the switch to turn on/off the heat just so I can see if they incorporated it nicely into the dash.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I ordered the car with Factory Leather seats so when they install the heaters they simply peel back the leather, install the heating elements, and put the leather back. The control for this is actually installed on the outside of each seat. I will definately take pictures of this when I get the car back.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts