Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm in the middle of the research so help will be great. If I purchase the HKS Exhaust for Mazda 3, will there be a CEL(Check Engine Lights) when you install it? I heard some people gets the CEL and some don't. So the people who has HKS Exhaust for Mazda 3, who has or got the CEL? Honestly, I don't want a CEL unless I have no choice.

By the way, I have 2007 version Mazda 3 Hatch.

·
Registered
860 Posts
A catback exhaust will not give you a CEL. If you replace the header without the proper mods for the O2 sensor then the CEL will turn on. If his probably what people were talking about that have the HKS. CEL was caused by the header not the exhaust.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what I thought. However, there was one person who said he got a CEL when he installed the HKS Catback Exhaust. Maybe it had something to do with his Cold Air Intake.

·
Registered
461 Posts
[quote author=shinigami link=topic=137595.msg2966756#msg2966756 date=1235801398]
Thats what I thought. However, there was one person who said he got a CEL when he installed the HKS Catback Exhaust. Maybe it had something to do with his Cold Air Intake.
[/quote]
you can definitely get a CEL on cold air intake for a variety of reasons...air leak, not disconnecting the battery before install...MAF sensor damage...i just installed my K&N CAI earlier today...so far so good..i'm getting HKS catback in about 2 weeks...i'll let you know if i have a problem

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
if you have a pzev model with an o2 sensor behind the second cat, you'll need a bung + anti-foulers to raise it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts