Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK went through three different scenerios with this exhaust.

1- Put exhaust on car no silencer "as is" - Intial sound when revving wow this thing is quiet! Then under load, sereoiusly loud and drooney! Added silencer, worked better still drooney, but the silencer looks like ass.

2- Replaced front section with stock section with a welded flange to mate to the HKS, much quieter and less drone, but still droooney! added silncer even less droone, but still too much!

3- Drone drone drone, how the hell do I stop this.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
are u running stock cat converter ? or no cat converter ?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Seriously thinking of going back to stock man! I can not stand it. Right now I am using the complete front stock setup with the 2nd cat and resonator mated to the HKS rear axle back section with the silencer and man it still droones! Right around 2500-3200 RPM braaaaahhhhhh!!!! It is not that loud on the outside, but inside is serious.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
u want a quiet exhaust.. go with Borla...
otherwise if u want an exhaust.. deal with the drone.... personally i love it lol

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
my drone was worse...."hey look the zoo!"..."What?!!" "I said, the zoo!!" "...yea fuck you too!"
take the second cat out and add a resonator and that should solve your problem.....put the HKS system back to default and add a resonator.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Where do i add a resonator? There is no room at all to add a resonator to the HKS. You have the front section with a small resonator and then the rear axle section muffler and then the tail resonatoed small muffler. Where do I add a resonator and why take out the stock 2nd cat? doesnt that lower the volume?

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
[quote author=alpinemz3 link=topic=136879.msg2951769#msg2951769 date=1235199484]
How about chanbging out the muffler with a vibrant quiet series or something?
[/quote]

ill take it off ur hands if u dont want it :)

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
all you fuckin noobs are pussies. you buy an almost 3" exhaust for an NA car and then complain about drone. what are you, a fuckin idiot?

go back to stock and stop posting here.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
[quote author=biped link=topic=136879.msg2952113#msg2952113 date=1235233796]
all you fuckin noobs are pussies. you buy an almost 3" exhaust for an NA car and then complain about drone. what are you, a fuckin idiot?

go back to stock and stop posting here.
[/quote]

PWNAGE. :lol:

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
i mean seriously it isn't like the hks already has 2 MUFFLERS AND A RESONATOR. plus car-delete exhaust eliminate drone caused by cat #2 anyway. and then you add a silencer and it is STILL too droney? lol, did you just come from owning a cadillac?

·
Registered
556 Posts
[quote author=biped link=topic=136879.msg2952135#msg2952135 date=1235234181]
i mean seriously it isn't like the hks already has 2 MUFFLERS AND A RESONATOR. plus car-delete exhaust eliminate drone caused by cat #2 anyway. and then you add a silencer and it is STILL too droney? lol, did you just come from owning a cadillac?
[/quote]

I think you just answered his question. Just get rid of your car dude.. :lol:

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
yea man if that's the case go and put the stock exhaust back on. I didn't know that exhaust had all that shit in it to prevent drone. Either that or deal with it.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
like i said ill buy ur hks ill even trade u stock + cash for it

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I do not think I am a noob by any means, this is my daily driver and all you idots say that the HKS is the quietest, not one person mentioned anything about droone with this exhuast, tha being said, I am going to take the stock front section that I have now and add a bigass resonator and have the flange it the same way or wait until somebody has a modded speed3 exhaust for sale. Sorry to piss everyone off so much!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts