Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used the HKS Highpower and the muffler Silencer? Trying to pick one up tomorrow! If not going to have to order one and overnight it.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Yeah, I've got one - I like the sound with it uncorked, but my wife complained. When I first tried the silencer, I didn't think it helped at all, but I tried it again a few weeks later and found that it did indeed cut the exhaust sound down A LOT, to the point that my wife stopped harpin' on it.
Unfortunately, sticking that big plug in the exhaust stream (the exit pipe from the silencer is only 1.75 inches), while it deadens the sound also kills any power gain you got from the fatter pipe and unrestricted muffler in the system. I now leave it out, except on those rare occasions that I know my wife will be driving the car.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Getting mine tomorrow, had them overnight it and well they sent the 102mm not the 96mm. They are overnighting a new one tonight form NY to NJ for am delivery, I will try it. I am thinking of putting the fron section back on the exhaust and flanging it ti the rear HKS muffler. Meaning I will be keeping the second cat and resonator to the HKS flanged rear mid muffler.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts