Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
12,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the pics speak for themselves:

Any idea how much it'll cost to get replaced? I know the thing is in pieces, so would it be possible to buy that by itself? Lemme know. Also, could it be posted in a sponsor section to get a better quote?

Thanks,
Kyle

G

·
Actually, I think all you may NEED is some new body pins (the black snap-on things that hold the splash shield to the bumper lip). If you put it back on the way it's supposed to go, it may look better than you think. I know, it's missing a couple of chunks, and if it still gets on your nerves after that, order one or find one at a wrecking yard. But new body pins will hold everything together until you find a new one.

·
Registered
12,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It truly doesn't bother me, just seeing those zip ties hurts my feelings, lol. Any idea where to get the black body pins at? Maybe an online sponsor? (dealer will tear me a new one, I'm almost certain of that)

·
Registered
12,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not to mention that (knock on wood) it wasn't the side that my intake sits. I did notice, though, that those pins, too (on the intake side), are gone. Bah.

·
Registered
12,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A piece of something or other that fell off a truck I was behind (douche bag semi driver decided to get over in the HOV lane suddenly, and something flew out the back). Next thing I knew I heard this loud scraping sound, to which I later found out (as soon as I could pull over) was the torn part of my engine shield. Thank God my tire didn't get punctured, or else I'd be in a lot shittier of a position.

G

·
They make them is such a variety of diameters and lengths that you're not likely to buy the right aftermarket ones....unless you have one left that you can pull out and use as a model. I'd just go to Mazda..I think they're pretty cheap.

·
Registered
12,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess I should. Any idea what I should call them? LOL

Last I was there I tried to ask, and the guy looked at me like I had three heads (either that or he was a moron, take your pic :p)

·
Registered
23,017 Posts
I've just always called them body pins..

or you could say the little things that hold the piece of plastic to the wheel well? that might be easier for them to understand :lol:

·
Registered
12,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hahaha I'm going to call them whatever the hell I can, I might even bring my digital camera to show them where they go. I think I'm going to hit up the dealership tomorrow, I only have one class tomorrow, and it's from 1010-11 (Wednesdays FTW). I'll let you all know what I find out. I'll try to get a part number, or at least the official name, so you can get 'em Steph (and whoever else needs 'em).

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
[quote author=oneill8769 link=topic=66522.msg1141106#msg1141106 date=1168375941]
Hahaha I'm going to call them whatever the hell I can, I might even bring my digital camera to show them where they go. I think I'm going to hit up the dealership tomorrow, I only have one class tomorrow, and it's from 1010-11 (Wednesdays FTW). I'll let you all know what I find out. I'll try to get a part number, or at least the official name, so you can get 'em Steph (and whoever else needs 'em).
[/quote]

I'll need one too. Exact same thing happened to me about 2 months back. My splash shield got ripped. My car is too low so I hit a small bump and the shield scrapped for like 10 secs and when I was about to pull over it went under my tire and it ripped. But I didn't had to use tie wrap.

·
Registered
12,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll try to get the proper name tomorrow, and prices for ya'll. I'm going probably after lunch (I get out at 11, so soon after), and I'll let you know.

·
Registered
21,484 Posts
Keep us update, I could use two actually.

My car had a new front end installed, if I can find the parts list, i can call the place and find out what the name and othe info is. It's been awhile since the car was painted, but I know a woman there pretty well.

·
Registered
12,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wish me luck, I'm about to head out to the dealer. Again, I'll try to get a part number so you guys won't have to deal with the hassle I'm about to face, lol. I'll post up as soon as I get home.

·
Registered
12,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
UPDATE: Didn't have them in stock, need to order them, and they won't be in until Monday :(. Service and parts was decent, though, she had no idea what I was talking about, and pulled out a huge box, with a ton of screws and whatnot in it, lol, and I couldn't tell which one it was. So we walked outside, I showed her on another 3 what I was looking for, and just like that, she punched it in the computer. I'll post up the part number and price in one second, but my advice is to wait for me to get them in, to make sure that they indeed are the right ones.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
[quote author=oneill8769 link=topic=66522.msg1140931#msg1140931 date=1168370991]
It truly doesn't bother me, just seeing those zip ties hurts my feelings, lol. Any idea where to get the black body pins at? Maybe an online sponsor? (dealer will tear me a new one, I'm almost certain of that)
[/quote]

auto zone. look in the Help area. They have a ton of plastic body pins. Just about the only thing AZ is good for.

·
Registered
23,017 Posts
[quote author=oneill8769 link=topic=66522.msg1142695#msg1142695 date=1168452082]
They were 2.48 each, and I got four of 'em.
[/quote]

stealership ftl! that's insane.

thanks for checking!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts