Mazda3 Forums banner

201 - 203 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
2004 3S with the 2.3. I'm now over 220,000 miles, with almost no repairs other than wear items like motor mounts, suspension, and brakes. I did have to replace a leaking radiator last year, but that's really all I can think of off of the top of my head. I had a crack in a rim once, too.

I did the spin on oil filter conversion a while ago, and only use Mazda OEM filters. As far as oil, it's 5W-20 Pennzoil Ultra Platinum or Mobil1 Extended Life High Mileage, and I change it every 5,000 miles. I use less than a quart between changes.

This low amount of oil use seems to be out of the norm for my engine, but I'll take it! :)

As far as the radiator failure, the one I replaced last year wasn't factory. It was an el cheapo RockAuto replacement from 2012 when I hit a deer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello all,

I have 176,000 miles on a 2008 Mazda 3 S Sport Hatchback with manual transmission. Upcoming front wheel bearing replacement happening in early Feb, but still have original clutch. Car's been great, I keep up on the oil changes and regular maintenance. Due to the crummy roads in SE Pennsylvania outside of Philadelphia, front end alignments and shock/strut replacement happen more frequently than what most people have to get. My ONLY complaint is how crummy the back window wiper is--many replacements, never a smooth clear back window. Have BF Goodrich G-force Comp 2 A/S tires, had been running with Kumho ASX tires but couldn't get them after awhile. LOVE THIS CAR.

201 - 203 of 203 Posts