Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It all started in 04 with the release of the brand new Mazda3.
Now we are coming up to the fifth year of production and some 3's have accumulated some mileage. Perhaps we wont ever surpass the mileage driven by the Camrys and Accords but we might match it!
So, this thread is created for those that have stacked up those miles! How many miles have you driven so far! Any major problems? Let us all know please......

·
Registered
204 Posts
I am currently at 65,348 miles , got my car back in 09/04 brand new with 5 miles on it, no problems yet.... one thing did happen at just over 65k miles, my rear window decided to get a rattle, my first MAJOR issue with my car..... other than the shitty paint and my many rock chips! :?

I figure with the PA roads I drive, it can rattle all it wants , the roads suck here in PA, lol... I've learned to play my stereo louder :lol:

I am on my 3rd set of tires...
Set 1: RSA's - sucked - @ 32k miles and off for.....
Set 2: Kumho ECSTA ASX- great tire! @ 33k (65k total) miles and off, prolly could have gotten another 2-3K but its winter time and I don't wanna slide off the road because of no tread, lol....
Set 3: Kumho ECSTA ASX - (new) got them again cuz they rocked the 1st time :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm currently at 29K and have had very minimal problems so far. I was the only person who ever test drove the car at the dealership (2.3S) and babied the car for the first 5K or so. I was noticing some rear brake grinding so I printed off the TSB and brought the car in (I find when you do that it's pretty hard for them to say that they've never heard of that fix or whatnot) and had that taken care of. I've also experienced some interior annoyances due to rattle issues that alot of people are having and had the TSB done for the rear package lid which pretty much took care of the problem(intermittent rattle remains when cold).

I'm very happy with this car, and I think some people forget that this is still a very young model for Mazda. My wife has the 05 Cobalt and let me tell you about problems.... The interior is completely falling apart after 30k, and the engine has now started to make some pretty strange noises. I'd be very surprised if the car makes 80k, miracle if it makes 100k.

Zoom Zoom

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
47k miles, and not a single major problem other than a faulty seal on the clutch master cylinder. It went out at a very inconvenient time, but it wasn't that big of a deal other than that.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Got mine in Dec 03. 72000km. Problems: engine vibration, creaky suspension, lots of interior creaks, noisy moonroof when tilted, ATX hard-shifting. I think some of these issues can be resolved by TSB fixes, but I sold my car now.

·
Registered
23,017 Posts
bought in june 05, with 44,XXX miles on it currently... no problems except for having to replace a tranny at 17k miles.

·
Registered
204 Posts
[quote author=stephanie link=topic=65601.msg1128209#msg1128209 date=1167680505]
bought in june 05, with 44,XXX miles on it currently... no problems except for having to replace a tranny at 17k miles.
[/quote]

What did you do to your tranny?!?!

·
Registered
23,017 Posts
[quote author=lordkosc link=topic=65601.msg1128382#msg1128382 date=1167689594]
[quote author=stephanie link=topic=65601.msg1128209#msg1128209 date=1167680505]
[/quote]

What did you do to your tranny?!?!
[/quote]

um nothing?

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
just passed 42k miles with very few issues. 1 recall and two tsb's within the first year and that's it so far <knocks on wood>

·
Registered
260 Posts
18k miles in one year... should of gone diesel! Oh well, its more fun this way :).

Most my miles is on UK Motorways, mostly 80+ MPH and hooning about down country lanes. The following is the Welsh black mountains mud!

No problems with the car so far apart from its frequent flat battery, apparently due to user error!? WTF. My old VW Polo used to switch of everything when the ignition was off. I have got a rattle from the elecy window button panel that disappears with a good thump.

·
Registered
21 Posts
2004, with 75,000 on it. No major issues. Tentioner pully went. few creeks and moans from suspention but I drive the car hard. Oh and crappy paint. but like the guy before said PA roads suck. its like playing dodge ball with all the pot holes and rocks and 2 foot deep puddles that come from nowhere. Its no wonder I need a new paint job already.

·
Registered
204 Posts
whats a Tentioner pully ? lol.....

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
[quote author=FluffyDucky link=topic=65601.msg1129205#msg1129205 date=1167759171]
18k miles in one year... should of gone diesel! Oh well, its more fun this way :).

Most my miles is on UK Motorways, mostly 80+ MPH and hooning about down country lanes. The following is the Welsh black mountains mud!

No problems with the car so far apart from its frequent flat battery, apparently due to user error!? WTF. My old VW Polo used to switch of everything when the ignition was off. I have got a rattle from the elecy window button panel that disappears with a good thump.

[/quote]

i got 20k in my first year. and it look like stephs average is even higher.

·
Registered
21 Posts
LOL sorry I ment tensioner Pulley. Thats what happens when your talking to someone else and typing at the same time. :p

·
Registered
260 Posts
[quote author=lordkosc link=topic=65601.msg1129510#msg1129510 date=1167768870]
thats a lot of mud!
[/quote]

Those pictures didn't do it justice, I had mud on the roof and windscreen. It was great fun getting it that way but a 200 mile round trip for the pleasure.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts

'04 HB, build date: 02/04; Purchase Date: 08/04; Current mileage: 27,153 miles; Recalls: 1; TSB's: 3, so far; Ongoing Problems: Few. 1. Weak A/C, 2. "snapping" power window, 3. a rather annoying (or shall I say frustrating) stumble when starting out in first unless I slip the clutch excessively.
Other than that the car could be better, but I LOVE my 3. Just ask my wife, friends and coworkers whom I regularly bore to tears w/the latest stories and pictures..... (It's GREAT being a mean ole' man!!) :lmao:

But most importantly, Vegasdriver,
I must question you about your mathematic skills?

[quote author=Vegasdriver link=topic=65601.msg1123676#msg1123676 date=1167342842]
It all started in 04 with the release of the brand new Mazda3.
Now we are coming up to the fifth year of production...[/quote]

How is that again? '07- '04 = 5??

·
Registered
240 Posts
mine is a 04 hatch with 64,000 miles... before my 3 "matured", it was the usual CEL, purge valve, fuel pump annoyances... after about 40,000 when I finally switched to synthetic; then Mobil1, now PP, almost all of the annoyances just went away(knockonwood)... dunno if it was the synthetic but I am not complaining...

fuel efficiency, I do about 80/20 highway/city and mostly hover around the 26-28 MPG; my 3 is the 2.3L autostick... on the highway, I usually do 10 over the limit although when I see someone really moving, I follow behind... =)

also for all you tire-burners, Im running on my original RSAs at over 64,000... dont get how you people wore them out at around 20K miles... I definitely need new tires soon... lol... prob go with the Kumhos like most people on this site...

the only major problem I have right now is my rear bumper... I was rear-ended, TWICE, both times sitting at a red light... it was a major WTF!!! I guess it was just bad luck... good thing its just the bumper; no other damage from what I can see... my friends told me to wait till summer to get it fixed for the paint will get baked on better and since its winter, there is a chance if it ever snows, there might be more damage...

1 - 20 of 204 Posts