Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2008 gt just turned over 63,000 miles.... yes in only 2 years of owning the car. I called a local private mazda mechanic to figure out what future servicing would look like. After he got past my mileage for the year, he did say it was possible to have some pricey maintenance i.e. timing belt, water pump... but Im curious to know what service histories other have had and if they were able to hold off on certain replacement maintenance parts etc. in lieu of my upcoming visit to have serviced. With seeing how well the mz3gt has held up both inside and out unlike my past vw's I'm curious about the longevity of the mechanicals. So any past experiences, and lessons learned- both good and bad from high mileage services and if there was anything you would have done differently given a second round- please do include that into this thread! I plan on keeping the car for the next several years and id say 100k miles for sure.

·
Registered
13,729 Posts
You have a 2.3, yes? We have timing chains (not sure what the 2.0's have). The timing chain doesn't have to be replaced like a regular timing belt.

I'm at 76k and I've been fine with regular servicing. Aside from the occasional issue (motor mount, thermostat, replacing the TB), the car has been pretty hassle free. According to my records, I've spend less than $3500 (but that also includes things like paintless dent removal) in total on repairs for my car in the almost 6 years I've had my car.

So long as you maintain the car on a regular basis, you will be fine. Our cars are pretty inexpensive to keep on the roads, so long as you take care of them. :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Keep track of your fluid changes, especially for the transmission. Every 30k miles. Other than that, it will last ya a while. I'm at 196k miles on the odometer 🤟

·
Registered
208 Posts
164,000 miles, touch wood nothing out of the ordinary
front struts, batteries, tyres, brakes and rotors, serpentine belt and idlers

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'd like to submit "bushings" for consideration. Just discovered mine are in need of replacement (sway-bar )

1 - 5 of 5 Posts