Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will HIDs be optional or standard? And will they be available on US models at all?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Mazda has stated that both Navigation and HID should be availible on US models. I doubt they'll be standard, seeing as how this isn't exactly a luxery car.

·
Registered
35 Posts
True, its not a luxury car, but it seems like these days, the "good shit" isn't alwas just reserved for luxury cars.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Why are so many ppl obsessed w/HIDs.

The P5 has shown that well-designed halogens are as good as HIDs at a fraction of the cost - there was a CR study and the P5 won among ALL cars, even beat those w/HIDs.

So why the big fuss?

If you live in the city, halongens are plenty and I doubt any country boys and gals will buy Mazdas...

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What do you mean P5's halogens are same as xenons? I have protege, same headlamps as P5, and no, it's nowhere same as xenons. It's pretty good, but it doesn't have big white reflection. Go look at acura TL's HIDs. Now that is something good.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Haris: The P5's headlight is different than a Protege sedan's - take a closer look: 2bulbs-vs-1 to start off with.

No they're not xenons but have a great design that put the P5's headlights at the #1 spot of a Consumers Report study. a few months ago.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Of course! A compact car w/ Xenon's. Gnarly!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi, I'm new here...

I was thinking about buying the HIDs just because they look cool, but seeing that to get them I have to get the air bag package and the sports package, I don't think I can afford all of that.

So, what's the real advantage of buying the HIDs ?

·
Registered
984 Posts
Besides looks, nothing. Some say you can see better. I have never driven a car w/ them, so I can't say. Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Ah... so it's for aesthetics only... I bit on the expensive side, I think I'll pass :lol:

Thanks for the wellcome... I plan on buying a mz3 as soon as they get here, so I'll be a regular here I presume.

A

·
0 Posts
Hmm.....I wonder if we'll be able to just buy the HID assembly, and import it up here to Canada. :)

·
Banned
868 Posts
Oops....that previous msg was from me :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts