Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering...im about to purchase a Mazda 3 Sport GT from Burlington Mazda. I know HID's are not a option in canada. Do you guys think it would be possible for the service people to get the whole HID assembly shipped to their dealership from the USA. I really want hids, i am willing to pay for it.. Would there be a warrenty issue, legal issue, or anything that im just missing...I dont see why it couldn't be done....You comments are appreciated...

I currently drive a 2002 RSX Type S with i/h/e, hondata 4, motor mounts, superleggera rims, s-03 tires, JIC coilovers, blackout headlights, REVO short shift kit, and Torino 2 seats...

Please...would getting hids on my soon to be mazda be possible?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Countdown to this being moved ... 3 ... 2 ... eh, I'm not a mod :)

But from what some of our Northern friends are saying, OEM HID imports and installations are running REALLY high (I think I saw a quote at like $2000CAN). It might be better to find an aftermarket kit and install those.

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
Sure you could bring or ship the kit from the US, but I dun think the dealership would want to install it, since they are not trained to install HID. And I dun think Mazda Canada have the part list/price for HID. Even if they do, like rpc said, it can be really expensive. Aftermarket would be the best option.

But then again, you can always contact your dealer and ask for more info.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
check out the lighting section, this has been discussed so many times.....

The dealer is not going to install them for you. I think that it would void the warranty because the dealer would have to disable DaytimeRunning Lights which is pretty much illegal in Canada.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts