Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
csvencer said:
Rudy-
Does that kit come with relays? Or is it just ballasts and bulbs. I hear that you really shouldn't use the stock wiring to power the ballasts.

-Svence
I'm not sure about the relays. I don't have the wire layout of course infront of me, and I have had the kit for hmmm 2+ yrs now (bought in Aprilish 2002). The main components listed is ballast, ignitors, and bulbs. Wires of course connecting all.

Otherwise, seriously 2 yrs, not a single problem. No burning out, no overheating. IT'S A HYUNDAI, if this kit were to have a problem, I think a Hyundai would find it :wink:

The install was a piece of cake. I don't know exactly where to mount it on the Mazda3 yet, but it was so simple anyone that knows how to turn a socket wrench, and can change a light bulb can do it.

Basically you open the headlight housing and remove the low beam bulb. Place the new HID bulb in. I had to drill a hole in the headlight housing cover but I haven't looked at the housing for the Mazda3 (I can put together a DIY when I receive my Mazda3 and HID Kit). So then you had 4 wires coming out of the headlamp. (NOTE: It is insulated with a special thick rubber that does not allow any condensation in which would make the bulbs burn out faster)

2 wires from the bulbs, then 2 tabs that went to the ballasts (I believe or it could have been the ignitor box). These two tabs fit the standard H7 plug that goes over standard H7 bulbs. From there it was fool proof. The male and female plugs only fit one way, since they were different shapes. So you plug each one in and then find a suitable spot to put it. For my Tiburon it fit perfectly underneath the headlight itself, and looks extremely clean install, with only 4 wires being visible coming out of the headlamp. I used duct tape, cause it solves all Canadian Problems.

Then proceed to lamp #2 following the same simple steps.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Not sure if anyone else posted this,but one of our platinum sponsors sells 4300k hid kit h7 phillips for 449.00 for a single person.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Yeah... you just brought this thread waaayyyyy back from the dead ;)

But yep we've had HID sponsors for a long time now... currently XenonExpert.com (run by M3-GT, actually).

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.