Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I had a quick quesiton about the HID fornt head lights. I was wondering if you could just buy HID bulbs and replace the stock bulbs? Or do you need to buy the whole conversion kit?

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
HID's are not like normal bulbs, they require more power to fire and regulated power to stay running. You need a whole conversion kit in order to install HID's, not just bulbs.

Let me know if you need help I can walk you though it.

-Devin

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
[quote author=italianmaz3 link=topic=66937.msg1149351#msg1149351 date=1168807448]
Hey I had a quick quesiton about the HID fornt head lights. I was wondering if you could just buy HID bulbs and replace the stock bulbs? Or do you need to buy the whole conversion kit?
[/quote]

An HID bulb needs a ballast to be powered. So you need a kit: 2 HID bulbs and 2 ballasts :)

·
Registered
25,357 Posts
I THINK hes talking about replacing the stock HID bulbs with aftermarket ones. At least that was impression from his wording.

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
^ That's what I got.. If you do have factory HIDs, then yes.. you can replace them with a different bulb. If you do not have factory HIDs, then you have to get the whole conversion kit. If you don't, as Devin said, you will not have enough power to fire up the bulb.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
[quote author=BoostThat3 link=topic=66937.msg1150389#msg1150389 date=1168876763]
^ That's what I got.. If you do have factory HIDs, then yes.. you can replace them with a different bulb. If you do not have factory HIDs, then you have to get the whole conversion kit. If you don't, as Devin said, you will not have enough power to fire up the bulb.
[/quote]

Correct

1 - 9 of 9 Posts