Mazda3 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've almost 100% decided that HID's are going to be my next mod, but I'm a little stuck on which kit to get. After looking though some previous posts I learned that Apexcone and DDM might not be a great bet, and since I've bought from dabears2k before that's who I'll be going though. But I really would like to know what the benefits of a 55w kit would be vs. a 35w kit. I know that a 55w kit is 2x brighter than the 35w kit, which is 3x brighter than halogens (I think that is what I read), but is the extra $ really worth it to go with a 55w kit, or does that just piss off other drivers? The bulb color I'm decided on is 6000k, if that helps with any information anyone has.

Oh, and before I get flamed for not searching, every time I search for something specific, I either get a hundred irrelevant responses or 'no response'. So there.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
[quote author=ziegs2020 link=topic=134199.msg2884820#msg2884820 date=1232697725]
55w is worth it, but it can be too bright for city driving. It depends on what your priority is, lighting or courtesy.
[/quote]

+1

55W is just way to bright for city driving...you're gonna blind oncoming traffic. I think most people here are very happy using 35W.

·
Registered
12,744 Posts
i have the 35w 6000k lows and fogs, and I do some non-city driving and it is perfect down the DARKEST roads i have ever seen.....

·
Registered
129 Posts
Ya, I have the 55w 6000k's no ones ever flashed there bright at me before, it seems our car is to low to really blind people, maybe mine are seated incorrectly, but im pretty sure they're in there correctly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.