Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an HID kit for my foglights, which are wired seperately from the stock foglight wire harness. When I turn the foglights on they both come on, but the right one goes out. If I keep turning the switch on and off like 5 times the right light will eventualy stay on. It is like I have to jumpstart the bulb and warm it up.
Can anyone help me with this problem? :(

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is a seperate harness from the stock harness and the battery has been in the car since 2006.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
try grounding the whole engine.. it helped me a lot !!! i have 55w hid kit on my low beams.. and i had to flicker them like 5-6 times for both to light up.. after grounding it works perfect.. !!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote author=lucaspl88 link=topic=138725.msg2990311#msg2990311 date=1236879824]
try grounding the whole engine.. it helped me a lot !!! i have 55w hid kit on my low beams.. and i had to flicker them like 5-6 times for both to light up.. after grounding it works perfect.. !!!
[/quote]

Ok, i'll give that a shot.
thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The grounds were good. I'm thinking that the foglights arn't getting enough electricity, but i dont know. :dunno:
Can someone help me out with this problem?

·
Registered
54 Posts
[quote author=darrenmr link=topic=138725.msg3005316#msg3005316 date=1237506806]
The grounds were good. I'm thinking that the foglights arn't getting enough electricity, but i dont know. :dunno:
Can someone help me out with this problem?
[/quote]

Could be, not sure if i dreamed it or if i read it somewhere but i heard that HID's require something like 20,000 volts to start up and when they are started they run on something like 6 volts (much like your fluorescent light bulbs), correct me if i am wrong though...if i am right then they might not be getting enough power to start up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts