Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a 55 watt DDM hid kit on my car. Everything is working fine. Light output is beautiful. I wired it direct to the battery. Every once in a while when i click the blinker on the lights go out for a second and then come back on. It happens at random times and i hear a click from the engine compartment when it does happen.. What could be causing it? It has only happened a few times while pressing the blinker lever either direction only.... I thought maybe the ground so i moved it to a diff spot but still no go... I know its bad to have them off then back on again so fast....
Any help would be highly appreciated..

Thanks
Adrian

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do have a wiring harness. Its hooked up right to the battery. Both lights go out too so doesn't seem like a bad bulb or ballast. I moved the ground away from the engine ground and it seems to be happening less. Tommorow i'm going to see if i run it to the other side of the engine compartment and then try it... When it happens i hear a click so can it be a relay or something?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just occurred to me... Maybe one of the blinkers is going bad? Would that cause such an issue? I would put LEDs in the blinkers spot but don't want the fast blink rate... Please if anyone has any info..

Thanks

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
[quote author=qbnlykwhoa link=topic=137979.msg2974354#msg2974354 date=1236132224]
I installed a 55 watt DDM hid kit on my car. Everything is working fine. Light output is beautiful. I wired it direct to the battery. Every once in a while when i click the blinker on the lights go out for a second and then come back on. It happens at random times and i hear a click from the engine compartment when it does happen.. What could be causing it? It has only happened a few times while pressing the blinker lever either direction only.... I thought maybe the ground so i moved it to a diff spot but still no go... I know its bad to have them off then back on again so fast....
Any help would be highly appreciated..

Thanks
Adrian
[/quote]

How old is your car's battery?

Oliver

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
[quote author=qbnlykwhoa link=topic=137979.msg2974962#msg2974962 date=1236162287]
Battery is gonna be 3 years old in aug...
[/quote]

Might be your problem right there. DDM draw quite a bit at start up and if your car's battery is borderline you can have issues with weird lighting problems. I must admit I have never seen a HID bulb turning off from turning a turn signal bulb on. So your problem might be something else electrical.

Oliver

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I ordered the turn signal switch today (58.00). Going to replace that and see if it fixes the problem. A couple people told me to check that. Its just so weird cause it only happens every once in a while and its only if i click the blinker down all the way like to were it clicks in place. If i just hold it there without it clicking into place it wont happen. But they start up fine and stay on all the time except for when that happens... We'll see how it goes..

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a little update on this problem in case it helps anyone else...

I ordered the headlight/fog light switch on the right side of the steering wheel. Still waiting for it to arrive. In the meantime I rewired the harness i bought. This time i extended the ground cable and ran it to the other side of the car, opposite of the battery. I taped everything up real good and made sure the relay was tucked away in the fender wall. Since i have done this the problem has not happened. Hopefully this has solved the problem and maybe this will help someone that's experiencing the same issues...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts