Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know there's probably a sticky out there for this, but can someone please help me with these questions

1. when looking to get hid's for the mazda 3 what bulb size should i get
2. does the brand really matter
3. is there anything important that i should know before i buy such as size, shape frequency or antyhing...

please help thanks !

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hey and welcome to the forums!

To answer your questions...

1. If you currently have halogens, I believe the bulb type is H7.
2. In my opinion, brand doesn't matter too much, just make sure you buy from a reputable seller. I recommend checking out some of our sponsors, their warranties are amazing. I bought a kit from DDM Tuning for $70 shipped and I'm satisfied.
3. You will want to find out what temperature you want. Stock HID's are around 4300k which produces a nice white light. If you want a blue color to it, you might want to go up to 8000k. Its important to note that the higher the color temp the less usable light is produced. The most popular color temperature is 6000k, which produces a crisp light blue color and lights up the road nicely too. Check out this post for more details: http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=52055.0

Also: I forgot to mention that this link has a ton more info if you still have questions: http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=11641.0

Have fun, hope this helps!

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
[quote author=madaz 3 link=topic=139066.msg2998883#msg2998883 date=1237262890]
Thanks guy ! really appreciated !

whats the difference been halogen and hid which is better?

[/quote]

You need H7 for your low beams. One you go HID you will never use halogen again: http://www.xenonexpert.com/technical.html

Oliver :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ok now I am confused, from what I thought I had read earlier, the bulb type H7 can not be HID those are only halogens. I thought DS2's were HID.

·
Registered
4,723 Posts
[quote author=carokann link=topic=139066.msg3005749#msg3005749 date=1237519539]
Ok now I am confused, from what I thought I had read earlier, the bulb type H7 can not be HID those are only halogens. I thought DS2's were HID.

[/quote]

D2S is what comes OEM for HIDs. We offer the HID converson in H7.

Go to Dabears2k.com and order your hid kit in H7. You will get EVERYTHING YOU COULD POSSIBLY NEED to install the kit on your car. THere are no other items needed.

·
Registered
372 Posts
It really is a plug and play system... I think anyone that can read can do the install haha

·
Registered
30 Posts
In the midst of installing some DDM's from Dabears myself. Kit does come with everything you need, just got to run out to Home Depot to get some outdoor tape to mount the ballasts.

If It's your first time working on your 3, then make sure you have all day to work on it, and keep your screws separated. :p

Cheers-
-Cedar

1 - 11 of 11 Posts