Status
Not open for further replies.

HID Group buy in Vancouver

7K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  mz6zoomzoom 
#1 ·
What do you guys think?

Maybe we can get a deal or something, for a mass purchase for the HID's :D

#4 ·
Iam intrested it better be soon.................... :)

#5 ·
I'll make some inquiries as to where we can get them from....maybe even Mazda dealerships here.

BUT....I've wanting to drive down to WA for the install. I'll see what kind of dealerships are willing to do it.

#10 ·
Here's the verdict guys, and it's not great.

Retrofitting our non-HID housings with the factory housings would number in the thousands, something like up to 2 grand....according to Bruno.

So, it seems the most viable route will be going with aftermarket stuff. Any opinions?

#15 ·
FR3D said:
the chance of having the police give you a ticket for that is really small, I used to have headlight bulbs tinted purple and still no problem at all :wink:
You don't live in Vancouver, so you wouldn't know.

MANY people here (including me) get "VI's", short for Vehicle Inspections costing upwards of a hundred dollars CAD......all simply because of our vehicle modifications. I had blue bulbs before, and I got ticketed.

It's unfortunate. The police here would rather spend their time setting up roadblocks for these kind of things, rather than patrolling the streets for crooks.

#17 ·
Levitron said:
FR3D said:
the chance of having the police give you a ticket for that is really small, I used to have headlight bulbs tinted purple and still no problem at all :wink:
FR3D is in Richmond isn't he? :lol:

Actually IMO some of the luxury cars have headlights that are very very bright, sometimes annoying whether they are behind you or coming on the other side.. i think police should give them tix instead (even though it's not the driver's fault)! :wink: Those M class MB are most bothering since they sit higher and their HID are so bright. Those ones on S2000 change colours..

Sorry off topic..

#18 ·
2k1_bug said:
Levitron said:
FR3D said:
FR3D is in Richmond isn't he? :lol:

Actually IMO some of the luxury cars have headlights that are very very bright, sometimes annoying whether they are behind you or coming on the other side.. i think police should give them tix instead (even though it's not the driver's fault)! :wink: Those M class MB are most bothering since they sit higher and their HID are so bright. Those ones on S2000 change colours..

Sorry off topic..
Yeah, he is. I typed that message before he put up his location :)

#21 ·
i think we (ppl in vancouver) would be fine. Since all the newER high end cars are comin out with factory HIDs. The only reason they are ticketing ppl with aftermarket is because with factory HIDs you have to pay an extra TAX for theirs. Anywho, the factory HIDs are aroud 4800 ks. If you really dun wanna get cought, just stick with something that isn't different as the factory ones. I am getting a 8000 k kit. (finger cross.. ) from a frnd of mine from toronto. If the result is good i will post some pix at the other section. Later

#23 ·
well got mine in the mail box today..
8000k for 450 cdn. Gonna install it and get some pix up
hope for the best

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.