Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys.. had a question ..

one of my bulbs seems to have one of these crazy lines going through it as pictured in this pic

(not my car or pic)

is this just a case of it not being seated properly?

I saw an answer that said it had something to do with the return wire on the bulb?

anyone have any opinions as to how to get this fixed?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Ya, i have this, too. Devin said it's because of the return wire but I cannot recall that I had these with my Helios kit.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I have no idea what this "return wire" thing is, but looking at the pic, it's definitely not a seating issue (the beam is "even and horizontal" all across).

zooomin, you stated in your post that "one" of your bulbs is doing this.
As a suggestion, pull the bulbs out and see if you notice any cosmetic/structural differences.

·
Registered
976 Posts
[quote author=eiquilla link=topic=65719.msg1128818#msg1128818 date=1167717829]
I have no idea what this "return wire" thing is, but looking at the pic, it's definitely not a seating issue (the beam is "even and horizontal" all across).

zooomin, you stated in your post that "one" of your bulbs is doing this.
As a suggestion, pull the bulbs out and see if you notice any cosmetic/structural differences.
[/quote]

Return wire is the wire on the bulb covered by the ceremic tube. I have the same problem with both of my bulbs. If you look at the lense of the headlight you'll notice there are chunks of light missing and that's where these "crazy lines" are coming from. It's not a seating problem because I've tried re-installing the bulbs quite a few times. I guess my question is, my Helios bulbs have return wires as well, how come they didn't show these crazy lines?

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I PMed devin about this, and he said that my bulb is not seated properly.. infact, he said that its pointing 'down' and I should adjust it to point 'up'.

He also mentioned that the return wire will never cause this problem if the bulb is seated properly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts