Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all. New guy here..I just signed up because I've recently become infatuated with the Mazda3/Axela, and I'd like to own one someday. Even though it's still awhile away before I'm able to afford my own car, I've been looking at them anyway and keep going back and forth on liking the HB and the sedan..lol

I was wondering if there are any pictures of the straight on rear shot of the sedan, and a shot of inside the trunk? From the outside it looks small because of the short travel on the topside of the trunk lid, but maybe it would come out to be just deceptively small.

In comparison how large is the trunk space in the HB version?

I figured I'd ask questions about the trunk since I can find information and pictures on most every other feature that I'm interested in in the car, and the trunk was the only thing I've never seen (inside the trunk, that is).

========
Title edited

·
Registered
420 Posts
No pictures here, but the trunk on the sedan is PLENTY big, it just looks small from the outside...........

·
Registered
234 Posts
I don't have the spec, but some say sedan has larger volume than HB.
A bit OT, I think the sedan rear design very same as Chevy cavalier one, so I have my HB instead.

·
Registered
420 Posts
billyfo said:
A bit OT, I think the sedan rear design very same as Chevy cavalier one, so I have my HB instead.
:shock: watch your mouth or else we'll have to wash it out with soap! :evil:

·
Registered
526 Posts
The sedan does not have a larger volume than the HB. U crazy? Straight from the MZ3 brochure, HB cargo volume 17 cubic feet (31 w/ seats down), sedan 11 cubic feet.

As for pictures, Bruno Luong has them all. Click on cargo and you'll find what you are looking for.

http://groups.msn.com/BrunoLuong/photos.msnw

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Maybe with the hatch cover in place, the sedan might actually have as much or more space. Not sure. Is the HB measurement including all the space up to the ceiling or only to the height of the back seats?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cool guys thanks for the input!
The trunks for both models do look deceptively small..lol
I thought the HB was small because the only picture i saw of the HB trunk it was filled with two suitcases back to back on their large flat sides, and it was already touching the back (or the little cover thing...not sure what that is..privacy shade kind of? I don't own a HB or a car with revealing windows so I don't know..I've only driven sedans before).

Well something else I'd like to know about...
Does anybody else like the non-S sedan front bumper rather than the S-style front bumper for the sedan or the hb? I'm not too keen on the little line that goes across the air dam area where the foglight goes on the S sedan, and the HB looks similar to some of the third party bumpers for some other popular cars out there..lol I think the non-S sedan bumper just looks very nice with the smooth and non awkward lines to it. I just wish the round fog lights could be replaced by fogs that fit the whole hole or something..lol. Perhaps some jdm fogs are available? lol

----edit------
woops...through all of that I forgot to ask a related question for the bumpers... Is it possible to get the sports styling package but with the non-S front bumper?

----edit2----
woops sorry again...i just realized the question about the bumper stuff should have been asked in the trims area of the forum..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts