Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up everyone. just discovered the mazda 3 and this forum... today! i was originally looking at acura tsxs and had my heart set on one but when it looked like i wasn't going to be able to afford it, i started looking around for something cheaper, but still classy as hell.

anyway i remembered about a week ago i was searhcing on edmunds.com and saw the tsx being compared to the mazda3 but at the time i was set on the tsx and didn't even check out mazdausa.com for specs and shit.

so today, i'm online at work, bored, talking to my friend who knows a decent amount about cars, asking his advice on an affordable yet stylish car, and he sends me a linkt o this is300 forum he posts on and they're talking about the mz3 and singing it all kinds of praises. so i go and check it out and it looks sweet.

needless to say i couldn't wait to get home and cruise some dealerships to get an idea of what the car looked like in person. I was really blown away by the affordability and styling of the mz3 and have almost forgotten about the tsx (the dream still lives on)

now to my questions. 1) i noticed that most of the s models i saw on the lots had sideskirts, and thought that these came included with the sports package, but, one car didn't have them, and i noticed that on mazdausa.com it says that the sports package includes "sills"not "skirts" does anyone know if you have to purchase the side skirts as an option or if it is just a misprint on the website? i personally think the car doesn't look right with the sports bumpers and not the side skirts to match.

2) I'm having a real hard time deciding what color looks best i saw black, silver, dark blue, light blue, gray, and black and they all looked really nice.. right now i'm leaning towards the lighter (winning) blue because i don't like the brick/black interior on the black, gray, and silver cars, plus i saw one on the showroom (winning blue) and wanted to drive off with it right there. but i think the red would be nice with all the red and black going on in the interior. what do you guys suggest?

3) has anyone heardof any serious problems with these cars yet? recalls, etc? so far, it seems like no one has had this car long enough to report anything faulty.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
B4 posting...please search for other threads beofre posting....these questions you have posted have been answerd already..no ones goning to take time to post a message to answer your question...just look thru the forum for aswers... there around
thx

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeh sorry.. i did look around but didn't really see anything. anyways, i figured you guys would appreciate my introduction and shit :(

·
Registered
225 Posts
Welcome to the board!

I'd love to help you on equipment matters, but I'm in Canada; we have completely different packages here.

Body color : I went through the same questioning as you, and picked Winning Blue too! It's a great color, even when dirty (and mine's dirty now, thanks to our great winter!). I've actually received compliments from people on the street on it at its dirtiest! Looks even better clean, of course... :)

Recalls/repairs : some people saw faulty airbag sensors, bur that's pretty much it! I guess the car is still too new to see big problems surface already. Protegés were unbreakable (or just about), so we can expect the same level of quality from a car coming out of the same factory!

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
1) Side sills is just another word for side skirts. They're the same thing :)
They come with all hatchbacks, but not with all sedans.

2) haven't decided yet myself on that one

3) No serious issues or recalls that I know of.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I'm in Canada as well, so can' really help you with the packages. But what I got is a Sedan with skirts and 17" mags (GFX package in canada).
I also chose the orange Mica color, everyone LOVES it! :)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Max_Sensation said:
B4 posting...please search for other threads beofre posting....these questions you have posted have been answerd already..no ones goning to take time to post a message to answer your question...just look thru the forum for aswers... there around
thx
Elitist members like you who pretty much tell newbies to screw off are exactly what a board like this does not need. Your reply was totally unhelpful and serves no purpose but to raise you post count and make the original poster feel guilty. Shame on you.

·
Registered
168 Posts
USCMazda3 said:
Max_Sensation said:
thx
Elitist members like you who pretty much tell newbies to screw off are exactly what a board like this does not need. Your reply was totally unhelpful and serves no purpose but to raise you post count and make the original poster feel guilty. Shame on you.
AGREED!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for all the positive replies! the info i was looking for, and for sticking up for me. being that i'm a noob i didn't want to flame up an already existing member on one of my first posts, and make myself look like an ass, although i definitely had the urge to.

Anyway, i have a few more questiosn for you guys: Does anyone have an idea of how long it takes a dealer to get a car once they order it for you? I want to go full out with options, and every car i saw on the lot last night were missing some of the options i want.

also, i've heard of people (on this forum) getting insane price quotes like 18,000 for the s with all the packages. is this possible? i noticed on the mazda site that they offer like 2000 cash back or 0% financing for 60 months, yet, they don't offer if for the 3 yet :( anyone have any idea if you can swindle this deal regardless of it not being offered on the site?

I'm sorry if these questions have been answered in some other topics and i have missed them.

thanks again
-dirk

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hey King Chile,

Again, being in Canada things are different here. The time the dealer delivers the car depends on its availability. When I ordered my car, it took them about 10 days. As for the deals, we have awesome deals on the protege line (0% financing and no payments for 6 months) but not on the Mazda 3 since it's a new car! Basically the dealer will not be able to give you any delas that are not offered by Mazda USA. So the only thing you can do is haggle on the price and get them to throw some options for free or at a discount since you'll be getting it fully loaded.

Good luck!

·
Registered
882 Posts
Yeah don't mind Max, it seems he lost that stick up his ass today...

Anyways, buy red, it really really really looks freaking awesome, even when dirty. The way red glitters in the sun will make you pimp of the streets, just like me. ;)

As far as getting a car, it really depends on if you get lucky enough to find one around you. Quite often dealers will trade cars with other dealers to get cars that they want for their customers. If not you have to hope the package you order is coming from Japan and has already been slated to be built since it sounds like there won't be much if any more production other than what's alloted already. In my case my dealer was smart enough to have the exact packages I would want in a couple different colours so I just had to pick between Titianium Grey, Velocity Red or Winning Blue. And while it was a close race it went Red, Grey, Blue.

Gotta remember too that some price quotes are in US or Cdn (you don't mention where you are) and as such the prices may look out of wack, some are priced on 3 Sports or just the 3i which is much cheaper. There should be a thread in this section that talks about prices people got them for, try to find someone in your area and ask them what they've found out.

As far as rebates, this car is way too new to have any kind of significant price breaks going on. I'd look at either waiting until summer or fall if you really want to work out some good deal, these things are just moving too quickly for Mazda to have to worry about incentives.

·
Registered
225 Posts
My car was at the Vancouver port when I ordered it, so I had to wait 3 weeks to receive it.

I think that Mazda USA's website has a section where you can locate cars with the specs you want in your area.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sorry about not listing a location. i'm in west islip, long island, new york USA.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Well, dealers can negotiate some pretty nice financing for you, generally. They'll call around to multiple banks to get you a good rate, if they're a halfway decent dealer. But in general, pricing is up to your negotiating skills.

If you order a new car, expect the wait to be several months at least. I don't really know specifics since the cars been out such a short time, but the MZ6 was 3-6 months usually.

·
Registered
882 Posts
No Prob King. Maybe just edit your profile to list it there, just helpful going forward. :D

And if you or anyone else reading this is an exising Mazda Credit customer make sure if you go to get a new Mazda that you take advantage of their customer loyalty program. I ended up getting .5% off of my lease rate becaue I was an existing Mazda customer, doesn't sound like a lot but it shaved off some 10-15$ from my payments

·
Registered
168 Posts
king chile said:
thanks for all the positive replies! the info i was looking for, and for sticking up for me. being that i'm a noob i didn't want to flame up an already existing member on one of my first posts, and make myself look like an ass, although i definitely had the urge to.

Anyway, i have a few more questiosn for you guys: Does anyone have an idea of how long it takes a dealer to get a car once they order it for you? I want to go full out with options, and every car i saw on the lot last night were missing some of the options i want.

also, i've heard of people (on this forum) getting insane price quotes like 18,000 for the s with all the packages. is this possible? i noticed on the mazda site that they offer like 2000 cash back or 0% financing for 60 months, yet, they don't offer if for the 3 yet :( anyone have any idea if you can swindle this deal regardless of it not being offered on the site?

I'm sorry if these questions have been answered in some other topics and i have missed them.

thanks again
-dirk
Hey king chile,

When I was in the market for purchasing a Mazda 3, I pretty much wanted all the options instead of the NAV. Well, being that the Mazda 3 was so relatively new at the time (released for only 3 weeks), all the dealers in my area told me that it would be difficult to find. The last dealer of choice (the one that I purchased from), said that they can "special order" one for me but I wouldn't have it until the end of February 2004. However, they were able to locate one that matched my criteria exactly from another dealer...that only took 4 days before I got it....yiiipppeee!!! They called it a "dealer swap or trade".

I am now a happy camper! BTW, I paid $21,300 with all the options listed in my sig.

Spencer

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
overkast said:
king chile said:

thanks again
-dirk
Hey king chile,

When I was in the market for purchasing a Mazda 3, I pretty much wanted all the options instead of the NAV. Well, being that the Mazda 3 was so relatively new at the time (released for only 3 weeks), all the dealers in my area told me that it would be difficult to find. The last dealer of choice (the one that I purchased from), said that they can "special order" one for me but I wouldn't have it until the end of February 2004. However, they were able to locate one that matched my criteria exactly from another dealer...that only took 4 days before I got it....yiiipppeee!!! They called it a "dealer swap or trade".

I am now a happy camper! BTW, I paid $21,300 with all the options listed in my sig.

Spencer
is that OTD?

oh btw i edited my profile :D also, my 'real name' is dirk, so you guys can call me that if you like, i just think it's weird being called 'king' or 'king chile' hahah

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Holy cow! Your name is Dirk?! One of my best friends/the cooles person I know is named Dirk. I thought he was the only one :p

Anyway...

also, i've heard of people (on this forum) getting insane price quotes like 18,000 for the s with all the packages.
By insane, do you mean it's insanely high or insanely low? Anyway, I don't think anyone has gotten that low with all the packages, because that comes out to about $2,000 below invoice.

But I think you could get a pretty nice 3 with the sports package and abs for under $18k. Adding xenon or the nav system really jacks up the price.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Kazbaeden said:
Holy cow! Your name is Dirk?! One of my best friends/the cooles person I know is named Dirk. I thought he was the only one :p

Anyway...

also, i've heard of people (on this forum) getting insane price quotes like 18,000 for the s with all the packages.
By insane, do you mean it's insanely high or insanely low? Anyway, I don't think anyone has gotten that low with all the packages, because that comes out to about $2,000 below invoice.

But I think you could get a pretty nice 3 with the sports package and abs for under $18k. Adding xenon or the nav system really jacks up the price.
haha whoa! yes it really is my real name, and i think i may have only met 1 other Dirk in my lifetime (aside form my pops who i was named after),

i meant insanely low, the price you get quoted if you're optioned out from mazdausa.com is like 23,000 or something. i just don't see how someone could get 4,000 off! there a few threads like this where people claim to get these really low bargains
i'm thinking about getting it fully optioned out EXCEPT the navigation and the leather (according to some other threads, this might not be a possibility unless i'm willing to wait a month or so for my car).

i was thinking about it today though and a black s, with black leather, and tints would be so fucking nice... right now i'm leaning towards the winning blue, with the sports and moonroof, i wasn't planning on getting the abs package, but now i'm thinking i should (especially after hearing how much the stock tires suck in rain and snow and how sensitive the breaks are) so i figure if i'm getting all that why not throw in xenons too? hoping to get quoted under 20,000 for all that. what do you think? i think edmunds quoted "what other people are paying" optioned out minus the leather and navi at somewhere about 20,200 - 20,300

·
Registered
882 Posts
I can say Dirk that the ABS works very well and is quite non-intrusive.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts