Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i cant for the life of me get the mount in. i undid the two main bolts and it came out pretty easily but i can't get it in at all without hammering it in...which still isn't enough....any hints?

·
Registered
10,527 Posts
Re: HELPPPP now please corksport inserts install

Did you make sure they were in there tightly? Someone I know had that problem on his hatch and we made sure they were seated as far in as they would go, then we basically wiggled it in there. Try using the bolt that holds the mount to the frame to help pull it all the way into its slot.

·
Registered
10,527 Posts

You also might want to try to open the space in the frame a little bit. You might be able to budge it a little bit, maybe not. That might help give you an extra mm or two to work with.

·
Registered
10,527 Posts

Well, when I put mine in, I left it in place. One of us torqued down on it while the other slid the mount back in. When we put them in a friend's hatch, we took the "Gun" out.

·
Banned
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

did your mount fit in pretty nicely or was it really hard....cuz i am having some real trouble right now

its cold outside and realized the mounts were hard so i just go a blowdryer to heat them up so hopefully that will help

·
Registered
10,527 Posts

Mine slid in with relative ease, so did another friend with a sedan. The dude with the hatch is where we had a tough time getting it in. Maybe it's a problem with the hatches??

I also did mine in the summer, so maybe it was the temperature.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts

You could try throwing a little grease on the faces of the bushings to help it slide in. I had trouble getting my SU mount in and out...ended up having to press the bushings in further as they were not flush with the mount as they should be.

When I had my CS inserts, I had no trouble putting the mount back in and I have a hatch.

J

·
Banned
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

guys i just gave up i cant get them in. i even tried undoing the tranny bolts but they wouldnt budge...shit

·
Registered
501 Posts

i did mine myself just used the jack handle with my leg pushing the engine out of the way to clear the mount it takes a lot of fiddling and muscle my friend was supposed to help me I gave him a piece of my mind when I saw him that day it is tough by yourself get some help if it is hard

·
Banned
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

so i put everything back together last night...and am trying to do it again now. this time im trying to get the tranny bolts off first then go to the mount....but i cant budge these bolts.

and another thing is the "gun piece" looks different from what i have seen on the forums...take a look for yourself

help...please

·
Registered
12,625 Posts

It's tricky when you are doing it by yourself and it is still tough with a friend, lol...

The technique that we used was attaching a breaker bar onto one of the bolts from the gun to rock the engine forward on the other two motor mounts.

It will give you a couple more inches of room to slide it in there...

The gun does look a little different... :thinking:

·
Registered
12,625 Posts

I have an 08 PZEV sedan...

The length of the lower mount should still be the same so rocking the motor should still work for ya gettin it in there...

·
Banned
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

i can get it in halfway...but the inserts are too thick to get the whole mount back in...

·
Registered
12,625 Posts

It's a tight fit for sure but it has to go in straight. This is where the gun gets in the way...

Rocking the motor will give you the couple extra inches that you need to get it in there.

·
Banned
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

i already tried to rock it in...but it wouldnt fit....is it all right if i hammer it back in?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts