Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was washing my car today and noticed that a lot of the right side of my car has water marks from the car sitting at the last owners house and the sprinklers going on it every day while it sat. I can't take themout with a regular wash nor by waxing it and buffing it with my hand. How can i get these marks out?

Also, i don't know if anyone has this but it looks like parts of the paint got rough under the handle and under the side moldings. Any ideawhat that is and how it can come off( if it can? ) Thanks!

·
Registered
309 Posts
The only way to get rid of those hard water spots is probably is to use a DA polisher like a Porter Cable 7424 or Flex 3401, and a polish with enough cut to remove water spots.

·
Registered
31 Posts
For the water spots, try rubbing them with a microfiber towel with a little vinegar on it. Immediately after the spots are removed, thoroughly rinse, wash, and wax the area.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys, i'm going to check that out. So now what about the marks that i have under the door handles and the moldings? Any idea what caused that and if it can come out? I'll try and take pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
i'd start with cleaner wax and get more aggressive only if that isn't effective. i suggest this because it's safe and works on all sorts of stains (being a fine polish)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts