Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have used the search and maybe I'm not typing in the correct key words so sorry ahead of time but how do you get access to the turn signal bulb. I have a 05 hatch with factory HID's and there is no room at all to get my hands in there. I tried to remove some parts next to the fuse box to get more room but still nothing. Does this mean I have to take the whole head light out to just get to that bulb? There is a how to sticky but that is for the 4 door which seems to have more room or maybe because that car didn't have HID's Any help would be appreciated. (Please don't flame me too bad if there is a post on this already) :)

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
It's realllly hard to get to with the factory HIDs in the way, but it's possible. I used needle-nose pliers to push/pull one of the tabs on the socket that i couldn't reach with my fingers, while pushing the other tab with my other hand. The first time took me quite awhile and involved lots of little cuts and curses, but once you finally figure it out once it becomes fairly easy.

It's a lot easier with the headlights partially removed, but that requires taking off the bumper too...

·
Registered
505 Posts
Take all the exposed hardware off of the headlight assy. Pull the headlight assy out at the outside corner. Once pulled out put a large screwdriver handle between the outside corner of light assy and the car body. This will give you another 1 to 1 and 1/2 inches behind the parking light socket. Just enough to change the bulbs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts