Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since the moderator doesn't want to put a "problems" section because it may cause bad publicity, a "help wanted section" maybe better.
people could put their issues, and other members could try and help them solve their car problem. and it doesn't have to be problems about the car itself.

ex: "help, want to find aftermarket parts" or "need to disable DRL's" or "need tips on purchasing a new car" and so on

what do you guys think?

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
There are sections for those already, 6_funk... if you have a problem with DRL's, post them in the Lighting section, for example. It isn't really about bad publicity, it's about organization.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
He has a good point.

If you have a problem, post it in the right section and make sure the thread title says it: example -> "Problem: Interior Rattle" or "Problem: CEL light came on".

How's that? A compromise b/w an all out PROBLEMS board but that still sjows the thread is about a problem.

We shouldn't keep problems hidden. This is what a board is for - to share info as to solve potential issues not to cover them up because you feel bad about what's happening.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
where would you put "problem: interior rattle"
in the mazda3/axela (general) section

but down the road, that general section will get constant replies, and sometimes threads can get pushed to the next page, which most don't check, and that thread doesn't get a good chance to get answered.

i just think that not having a "help wanted" section kinda limits the resources on this site for ppl that actually bought the car already......you seem to only be worried about potential buyers and mazda's reputation, and not ppl that already bought the car.
it also seems easier to a potential buyer, where he/she could look at the problem section and get a quick sample of all the problems, instead of having to search individually through all of the threads!!!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm not trying to start an argument, its just that i found problem sections in other websites very helpful. For example 7thgencivic.com, their general section is so long. when somebody first posts a topic, it leaves the first page after like 4hours, and hardly gets replies after awhile. i know that they have many more members......but i assume that the 3 will catch on, and so will this website

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
I'm with 6_funk.

I like the idea of a Problems-only section, but also to be organized to rename threads and put "Problems - Topic" as the title with a sticky perhaps...

you seem to only be worried about potential buyers and mazda's reputation, and not ppl that already bought the car.
Yeah - gotta agree on this one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts