Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went for shopping today and took the last two pair of 5x7 speakers of a clearance sale. They are Alpine SPS-570A. It should be better than the stock ones.

Is it tough to install ? I'm planning to use the stock radio and tweeters (no additional amp... at least for now). So I will only change the four 5x7 speakers for now. Is it tough to remove the front and rear door panels ?

Any tips ?

Thanks a lot for your help.

EDIT: Topic name for clarity :twisted:

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Very easy.

There is a screw where the door release handle is. Be careful with a flat tip screw driver, dont want to scratch it. There is another screw where a little lower at the door closing handle. Then the tweeter comes out from top to bottom. Carefully pull towards you from the very tip... careful not to pull the whole panel towards you. The bottom is held in by a L shaped plastic.

The door panel itself is clipped. So after the screws and the door release panel are out of the way (and the tweeter panel) pull the panel at the lower right hand corner. Carefully run your fingers around the panel until all the clips are released.

Once all the clips are released, make sure the window is down, push the panel up to release the panel from the door. Careful here, wires are still attached. Unplug them and put the panel in your trunk, or somewhere soft.

The speakers are held in with philip screws. Have fun.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a question. I have the GT sedan model. Does anyone know the specifications of the stock speakers? Are they paper-cone? I took some infinity speakers out of my old car, but the stock sound system sounds pretty good! Would I notice a difference with the infinity speakers?

My second question: Does an amp improve the quality of sound of a speaker? or does it just make it louder? Hmmm......

Thanks for anyones help!!!

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Almost all stock speakers are paper. There will be a noticable difference in sound and output by switching to aftermarket speakers.

Adding an amp doesnt necessarily improve sound quality. Although it will power the speaker with more power, therefore giving it the ability to play cleaner and louder.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I installed my first set of speakers in the front. Will do the back ones shortly. Bass is a bit more tight and mids are definetely an improvement.

Only one thing, when I put my front Alpine speakers I missed the info of which wire was the "+" and "-". I thought the "+" was the white one and the "-" was the grey one. Anyhow I did phase testing in the car and the setup is fine like that. Defineteley not out of phase.

Now I'm wondering if I should wire the back speakers the same way (inverted). Would it make a difference ?

Thanks Vaboom for the tips.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts