Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i'm not going to be selling my car right now, but i do plan on it in the VERY near future.

So here's the deal. When i bought my car, it had body work that i did not notice. A big reason i didn't see it was due to going to see the car when it was getting dark. Apparently the last owner parked it in a parking lot and it got dinged up from another car. They went to maaco ( or however it's spelled ) and got the worst body work and paint job in the world. While they were at it, they decided to paint both the fenders, maybe the front bumper, and both driver side doors. Now, the only parts that need replacing is the driver door ( because it's still banged up ). The only parts that really need painting is the driver door and both fenders. The major thing that is noticeable is the door obviously. The next obvious part ( which i'm stupid for not seeing ) is that the 2.3 is on the fender and not the door! Other than that, the car is fine with normal scratches and a few little things.

So, i paid $8,300 for the car + $700 for tax and tags. I'm okay with taking a little bit of a loss. The car has 55k miles on it currently and is an 04 hatch in black mica. ( automatic )

So what i wanna know is if you guys have any tips for selling the car? Any way i can make a decent amount of money on it ( even if i do have to spend a bit of money ) What do you think i could look at for trade in value? I just want to get an okay amount of money for it.... i don't think i'd take anything less than like, $7,500? or am i looking to low you think?

Any help is appreciated!!! Thanks :)
Can't wait to get a speed soon! :B

·
Registered
206 Posts
what year?

if they paint is screwed up, you won't get much for it in today's market.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it's an 04. and as for the paint, the paint doesn't look too bad except there's a few parts where the clear coat is freaking out. :\

KBB says i can get i think..... $9,500 for selling it on my own in good condition ( it's like, the 3rd option i think.... ) but i don't think i'd get that at all. I'm hoping for $8,000....? And i think i'd rather trade it in, but how close do dealers usually get to the kbb trade in value?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts