Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i install the hotchkiss rear sway bar back in aug of 08 had the imfamous clunking noise retighten the endlinks and used locktight red noise went away all is good. about a month ago i started to get the clunking noise again so i took a look at my endlinks again and the nut was loose again since i had to regrease the bushing. i retighten everything back up endlink where tighten under load. about two weeks ago the freaking clunking noise is back its become very furstrating and it getting to point where im gonna put the car back to stock. is there anything i can do to get rid of the damn clunking noise if there nothing then keep an eye out for my for sale thread

·
Registered
530 Posts
If you used red loctite, and it came loose, then the bolt and nut weren't properly cleaned - which may be a good thing since it should have held those pieces together "forever". Never use red loctite on anything that has even a remote chance of being disassembled in the future.

I would suggest degreasing the endlink bolt and nut again, and apply blue loctite.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i read on here about a couple people use inserts to fill the void apparently the hotchiks bolt hole is bigger then the oem endlink bolt is this correct
also i used simplegreen to clean the nut and bolt

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DOES ANY ONE KNOW ANYTHING ON HOW TO FIX THIS PROBLEM.

·
Registered
10,693 Posts
i was working on a fellow forum members car that has the same issue. to me it looks like the up and down movements of the rear suspension can twist the nut to the point where it starts to loosen itself. id try and put a washer between the nut and sway bar, that way it will hopefully isolate that movement away from the nut.

ive never had the problem with my car, so i havent looked into a solution much however.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.