Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have spent most of the day on these forums today. Alot of great information here. That being said I must admit i have very little car experience. Oil and brakes are about the extent of my experience. Well I took out the intake resonator once ( ending up taking the whole front bumper....) but put it back in.

Anyway not to ramble I do have a question I am sure is somewhere on these forums but I cant seem to piece it together from different threads.

I have an 07 2.3 sedan. ATX unfortunately. After help from these forums I decided I want the vibrant exhaust but because my knowledge of exhaust systems is so limited I am not sure what I would be buying... If I buy a cat back system, is that just pipe and a muffler that deletes the second cat? Why is it that some people ask about a high flow cat even after they talk about having a cat back system? From what i have pieced together an exhaust system goes exhaust manifold, header, 1st cat, second cat, muffler, tip.
Somewhere in there is a resonator.

Also I live in Texas and I will have to pass a sniffer test once a year and was wondering if a system that deletes the second cat will pass the sniffer?

·
Registered
501 Posts
actually the Vibrant exhaust system includes a high flow cat and I believe that you should be fine as long as your 0[sub]2[/sub] sensors (oxygen) can be put in. If you have a PZEV car like say a californian would have then. you might need to have an 0[sub]2[/sub] bung (a threaded collar to receive a sensor) welded in. It is easy to check this with a stock car just crawl under when the engine is cold and feel for the header and follow it to the cat and then down to the resonator, in between the resonator and cat if you feel a sensor (which would be very obvious cause the sensors are quite tall and large) then you have a PZEV car. If you do not have a sensor in that part of your exhaust then, the vibrant exhaust will bolt right up and will most likely pass any inspection.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts